Join an industry leader and a winning team and be a part of a company that sells over $13 billion of Fun Foods made at our manufacturing facilities! You will be rewarded with generous opportunities for career growth, a competitive compensation package, and comprehensive benefits. The location of this position is in Aberdeen, Maryland, with additional oversite of York, Pennsylvania site.
In the Fleet Resource role, we are seeking a strong leader to develop, implement and monitor the fleet maintenance processes and strategies that support Over the Road Delivery Operations and maximize Fleet performance. This role will work very closely with the site Transportation Manager, and HQ Fleet Maintenance and is responsible for day to day activity of the shop maintenance technicians, asset availability, safety of personnel, training, capability, and staffing and shop efficiency. This leader is also responsible for technician engagement, and all related facets of Fleet Operations (i.e. asset planning, fuel conservation, vendor management, vehicle mechanical safety, productivity, environmental management, financial performance, and Sarbanes Oxley controls). Key accountabilities include managing preventative maintenance programs, training initiatives, national compliance and site/national initiatives that impact the performance of the business in areas of cost, quality and reliability. In addition, the Fleet Resource will recruit and develop fleet technicians for the site, and influence OTR drivers that operate these vehicles.
This role will support both the Aberdeen MD facility as well as York PA.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Shift: Tuesday to Saturday 1st shift
- Lead the Fleet Tech Team to deliver the cost, quality, service, and reliability results set out in the annual Fleet Capability plan
- Partner with the Fleet Service Center team that supports the Regions’ outside vendor maintenance service and parts ordering
- Utilize, implement, and execute National tactics to drive World Class Service & Performance
- Build a specific strategic plan to drive Fleet performance
- Coordinate and schedule maintenance and repairs to ensure reliability of the fleet
- Develop and manage a comprehensive asset utilization plan for maximum asset availability
- Align with Site Management and Fleet HQ on annual fleet financial plan and tactical/strategic initiatives
- Execute a fuel maintenance conservation plan to reduce fuel usage and improve overall MPG
- Manage all regulatory compliance (DOT, EPA, SMART, FDA)
- Develop Technical and Non-technical capability of the technicians
- Build and sustain strong business relationships with Transportation Operations
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years previous experience in fleet maintenance
- Fleet Management experience
- Fleet Certifications
- Intermediate computer systems knowledge
- Knowledge & experience with DOT guidelines
- Fleet or similar CMMS experience
- Ability to manage Technician & Fleet Staff performance
- Effective interaction skills with leadership, subordinates and peers
- Ability to influence cross functional teams
- Demonstrated Change Management experience
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Leadership skills including coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building
- Flexible - willingness to work off shifts, holidays, and weekends as necessary based on business need
- Frequent standing and walking
- Sitting occasionally to frequent
- Lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to maneuver safely around moving equipment and/or in congested manufacturing areas
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures (hot and/or cold depending upon season)
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, ear plugs/muffs, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves/boots, etc
- Exposed to various cleaning chemicals, lubricants, etc
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement