We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
This Senior Operations Manager position drives activities to achieve cost targets and improve performance in the areas of true efficiency, safety, quality and supply chain capability while ensuring compliance quality objectives are met. He or she maintains positive employee relations while driving significant change. This position will manage multiple departments which may include production, maintenance, warehouse, and/or quality.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and coordinate improvements in the operations area necessary to meet the variance commitments for the plant and cost objectives. Ensure that cost gaps are identified, action plans developed, and adequate resources allocated to meet all financial objectives
- Drive overall supply chain capabilities by managing plant wide implementation of TPM, true efficiency, and team development.
- Achieve all productivity, quality, cost, delivery, safety & motivation Key Performance Indicators objectives
- Provide a work environment which adheres to all compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Evaluate business unit capabilities, skills, and resource alignment to ensure performance against objectives. Lead realignment and work redesign efforts as necessary to provide executional excellence
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement that meets or exceeds division expectations
- Establish clear performance and behavioral expectations for all employees
- Maintain an effective performance management process reviewing all direct reports’ progress against mid-year and annual plans and continually develop their effectiveness as leaders and technical practitioners, as well as providing opportunity for career development
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership, driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Lead the identification and elimination of losses resulting in improvements in costs, inventory, time and quality
- Provide active and positive leadership in the effort to drive the cultural across the facility
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing required
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously
- Ability to interface effectively with plant personnel, outside contractors and different functional groups within the business units
- Working knowledge of quality systems, finance, capital planning, and project cost tracking and forecasting, economic justification analysis, statistical process control, and manufacturing management systems
- Demonstrated leadership in safety & environmental compliance
- Experience in implementing TPM initiatives across multiple teams is preferred
- Strong innovative external focus with proven ability to affect sustainable change
- Must be very effective working in a volatile and complex environment and work with a sense of urgency that drives effective results
- Strong influence management and communication skills, ability to gain organizational buy-in
- High levels of analytical and financial skills, ability to use data to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities and accurately assess financial impacts
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of an organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement