Now hiring a General Ledger Lead to join our dynamic Finance team in Carrigaline on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
Let’s be frank. PepsiCo is a $63billion global business. It is extremely complex. And our Finance community make sense of it by tracking our overall business results, helping maximise our financial performance and put in place the right controls to ensure accuracy and transparency of our results. Whether working in Financial Planning, Operations Finance, Back Office or Controls, the Finance function takes a central role in the way we run our business. Do you want to be a part of the financial heartbeat of our organisation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
In this role, you'll be utilising your financial accounting expertise to provide the following support:
- Month-end, period-end and year-end closing for Cork and Singapore concentrate manufacturing plants
- Quarterly balance sheet movement analysis
- Review and approve intercompany reconciliations, leading actions to resolve aged items.
- Provide guidance on accounting for intercompany – Non-trade invoices
- Ensuring all balance sheet account reconciliations are performed timely
- Reviewing and approving all balance sheet account reconciliations, handling aged items to resolution
- Perform and validate foreign currency programme
- Ensure all GL accounting transactions are completed timely in accordance with month/period end checklist
- Provide GL accounting support to other teams including Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury and Operations Finance
- Manage GL accountants responsible for recording Advertising & Marketing spend; ensuring process standardisation across the Geographies and meeting Key Stakeholder Reporting timelines.
- Ensure each function is held accountable to meet timelines per closing checklist.
- Deliver GL productivity initiatives
- Actively assess GL processes to ensure all transactions are accurately and timely recorded.
- Deliver successful execution of internal controls in order to maintain compliance with financial policies and Global Control Standards/ SOX, and actively review same for continued compliance
- Oversee the GL Financial Master data requests ensuring all dependent objects are considered.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent Accounting Qualification
- Strong communication skills to all levels of management
- SAP GL experience preferable
- Must be detail-oriented, a quick learner, and self-motivated
- Strong IT aptitude and analytical skills.
- Ability to integrate well within a team environment
- Results orientated and commitment to achieving objectives
- Proven track record in applying business judgment, through experience and insights gained in large projects and through the analysis of business cases from a business logic perspective
- Be a self starter and able to work autonomously as well as being flexible
- Strong understanding of PGCS financial accounting processes preferable.
Job Type: Regular