The R&D Physiology & Life Sciences (PLS) team is uniquely positioned to define and drive R&D’s contribution to PepsiCo’s long-term profitable and sustainable growth agenda and further establishing PepsiCo’s strong foundation in life sciences (toxicology and human physiology, nutrition, sport sciences).
An integral member of the PLS team, the Senior Principal Scientist - Epidemiology, will lead efforts around the credible interpretation of epidemiological trends (Aging, Inflammation/Allergies & Immunology, Sport Sciences, Energy Management, etc) to drive the PLS agenda. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Representing PepsiCo & PepsiCo R&D in external business, scientific, and regulatory venues
- Leveraging observational, Real World Experience/Real World Date RWE/RWD (ex: consumer data) to identify major trends and weak signals that may support food & beverage product development pipeline
- Establishing internal analytic linkages and infrastructure (in concert with existing corporate Stats/data management groups as needed) to support the depth and breadth of PepsiCo’s PLS group (Nutrition science, Sports science, and Scientific Affairs)
- Building influential external network to address global trends
- Acting as spokesperson and advocate for PepsiCo brands with external stakeholders/NGOs
- PhD in Epidemiology with BS/MS degree, in Biostatistics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Track record of demonstrated/published Nutritional epidemiology experience is very important
- 8+ years of professional experience, this includes 3-5+ years experience leading a lab or epidemiology experts
- Knowledge of a subset of analytical approaches (ex. statistics, bio statistics, predictive modeling, and visual analytics)
- Established publication track record & demonstrated external scientific network
- This role does not have any direct reports, but could expand in the future to include managing/directing existing internal PepsiCo personnel with epidemiology background (i.e. MPH or with other epi background)
- Experience leading/directing the work of a small team of employees or graduate students, especially cross-institutional research
- Experience with highly dense individual biometrics originating from wearable or mobile device inputs
- Experience analyzing data from traditional Nutritional databases (NHANES, USDA What We Eat in America, etc)
- Experience with, SASS, R, Python
- Familiarity with toxicology and/or regulatory affairs
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement