Purpose of the role
PepsiCo is a leading food and beverage company in Europe, with presence across many complex markets where we have a broad range of categories and products. This very successful business is launching a multi-year business transformation program which is relying on an SAP S4 backbone and other integrated strategic solutions being rolled out. The purpose of this role is to lead the Record To Report Value stream design and deployment within the SAP template. The team consist of functional experts, business analyst and development/integration experts as well as vendor partners, consultants and internal/external service groups
Our first program deployment is focusing on our UK and Poland business units with a project office near London, while our teams are based across multiple hubs around Europe and the World.
The broader team
We are a diverse multi-cultural group of excited and purpose-driven professionals located across Europe, driving business transformation and collaborate across teams and functions. Our projects are often complex and challenging but always business driven and cross-functional. Our core values include transparency, inclusion, trust and to deliver as a team. We are agile, with a positive and innovative mindset and we find important to keep each-other energized and to have some fun on the journey.
The ideal Candidate
You drive your teams with passion and pride, inspiring team members to grow. You set the agenda and embrace risks and ambiguity that comes from complex problems and the broader matrixed organization and continuously find mitigations and solutions to succeed. You set an example within your team with your own personal growth and you even influence peers and other teams with your proactivity and coaching approach. You can get things done with an effective combination of formal and informal collaboration across the organization. You have a sense of humour and you’re not afraid of using it.
Further Details of the role
Reports to the IT Delivery Director managing the entire project
Works closely with other senior leaders within global IT and the finance and controls functions
Partners with external vendors and partners
Partners and closely collaborates with other Functional delivery leads
Project lead for Finance and Controls Functions (RTR, General Ledger, Fixed assets, Banking, Accounts Receivable, and Controlling) With a specific focus on the integration with the OTC value stream; facilitates solution management, template management, and governance
The accounting framework, including all month end activities required to ensure that the month’s financial results are accurate, complete and in compliance with PepsiCo’s corporate, sector and local market accounting policies.
The general ledger chart of accounts, coding structure, interrelationships with primary information gathering systems (e.g. Profitability Analysis, Accounts receivable, Taxes, Payroll, Fixed assets, etc.) and such GL structures as the use of single or multiple GLs and the use of sub-ledgers
The profitability analysis framework to ensure that the function complies with PepsiCo’s corporate, sector, local market accounting and financial planning policies and delivers business value;
The activities necessary to produce management accounting, cost accounting for the Order-to-Cash, including the setting of standards, recording of actuals and the delivery of meaning financial comparison reporting to enable better operational decision making.
Partner with the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Controlling Global Leads to implement and deploy the end-to-end solution
Support decision-making for General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Controlling localization of functionality in the Global Template during deployment
Ensure PepsiCo Corporate Accounting policies related to Financial and Controls reporting reflected in the global template are implemented to standard with appropriate localization
Collaborate with the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Controlling Global Process Leads and Global SMEs to implement and deploy the Global Template
Actively engage and educate business process owners on solution optimization, simplification and standardization capabilities
Collaborate with all scrum teams to implement and deploy the end-to-end Global ERP solution leveraging agile methodology
Work closely and collaborate with onshore and offshore scrum team members to ensure a prioritized and sufficient product backlog for the teams to work against
Participate in key Sprint planning, retrospectives and other key ceremonies
Along with scrum team identify, monitor and implement key agreed-upon improvements
- Adopt and adhere to Agile principles
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred from reputed institutions.
- 12+ years of experience configuring, deploying and managing SAP ERP with a focus on General Ledger, Taxes, Banking, Profitability Analysis, Accounts Receivable, Integration with Order To Cash value stream and Controls
- 2+ years of SAP S4 Finance experience preferred.
- Strong Financial & Management Accounting and Controls experience with SAP General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Controlling (focused on profitability analysis) in a global capacity
- Previous leadership role on a major SAP transformation project
- Experience in CPG industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work flexible hours based on varying business requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the following tools, disciplines and processes are nice to have: SAP SolMan 7+, MS VSTS, Quality Center and MS Project
- Solves highly complex problems within their work team
- Strong influencing, facilitating, and consulting skills in working with stakeholders at all levels in the organization and across departments
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Consulting background a plus
- Travel required up to an 80%
Job Type: Pipeline