- Reports to the SAP Data Conversion and Readiness lead
- Works closely with project IT and Business teams within Make to Deploy value stream
- Partners with SAP Global Template teams
- Partners with external vendors and partners
- Partners and closely collaborates with other functional value stream teams
- SAP Data Design Expert for Make to Deploy (MTD) will be primarily responsible for supporting the Data Design and Data Conversion activities of the MTD value stream
- Oversees and ensures delivery of all aspects of MTD data objects migration (data mapping, development of data extract and enrichment programs, loads execution).
- Ensures compliance with SAP Global Template Data standards for business process areas: Production Planning, Production Execution, Inventory Management, Warehouse Operations, Quality Management.
- Work with legacy IT system experts to understand legacy data designs and facilitate the process of understanding how to translate from legacy to SAP formats.
- Train, document and transfer knowledge based on global template S4/HANA across MTD value stream function members and levels where required.
- Lead data design and data migration activities for MTD stream.
- Partner with MTD solution leads and Business Data owners to capture the requirements for conversion of legacy data sources to SAP S/4 for the data objects in scope.
- Partner with Data Conversion team to ensure MTD data migration plan and approach is well-defined and aligned across all stakeholders.
- Work with the Data Conversion & Readiness team and Business Data owners to review results of legacy data profiling to identify data cleansing opportunities and optimized approach for cleansing
- Assist the Business Data owners with defining the approach to manual enrichment of the data.
- Work with the Data Conversion & Readiness team and MTD solution leads to review results of data loads into SAP S/4, and assist with identifying data issues and issue resolution
- Accountable for ensuring that relevant quality, controls and compliance standards are adhered to test case scenarios, testing methodologies, QA follow up, end to end data flow documentations.
- Work/collaborate with external vendors globally as well as locally within the sector.
- Experience supporting or deploying SAP ERP (ECC or S/4) implementations, with a strong focus on the MTD Value Stream area (SAP PP, MM, WM, QM modules)
- Good understanding of following business process areas: Production Planning, Production Execution, Inventory Management, Warehouse Operations, Quality Management.
- Good understanding masterdata objects like Bill of materials, Production Versions, Material Master, Master Recipes and others relevant for MTD area.
- Strong analytical skills, as shown by the advanced use of data analysis tools and concepts, such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, SQL queries, Reporting Tools (such as Business Objects), ETL Tools (such as Informatica)
- Previous experiences of ERP Data analysis, Data integration, Data design and Data modelling design – highly desirable
- Ability to understand complex data requirements, and be able to identify and offer multiple solution options to facilitate the best outcome (e.g. automated transformation vs. manual enrichment)
- Strong influencing, facilitating, and consulting skills in working with stakeholders at all levels in the organization and across departments
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts, and provide clear documentation to the management and project leadership
- Service oriented attitude balanced with “doing what is right for the project/business”, even if that is not a popular decision.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in timelines and sequences, deal with ambiguity, and succeed against in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge and experience in the Agile Methodology and related tools (such as MS Azure DevOps) desired
- Ability to work flexible hours based on varying business requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the following tools, disciplines and processes are nice to have: SAP SolMan 7+ , MS Azure DevOps, Quality Center and MS Project
- Travel required up to 80%
Job Type: Pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.