PepsiCo’s strength is its people. Winning together is all about respect for one another’s rare traits, backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Our teams reflect the diversity of our customers and our communities, breaking down barriers and winning awards.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. As a global food and beverage company with brands that stand for quality and are respected household names such as Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Gatorade, Lay’s and Pepsi-Cola, we are committed to Performance with Purpose; pushing to be best and fully committed to the people we share the planet with.
Are you ready to explore PepsiCo and be part of this iconic multinational? Seize the day for real life on the job Learning? Enjoy some flexibility that will ensure you are balancing your personal and professional life?
Our employees are at the heart of PepsiCo. Through the Company's dedication to Talent Sustainability, we continue to support the development of employees. A possibility, our employment brand, reinforces our dedication to our people; enabling them to reach new heights in their careers and becoming truly outstanding talents. PepsiCo is universally recognized as one of the best companies in the world for leadership development.
The purpose of this job is to lead Egypt preforms & closures category across PepsiCo beverage operating functions, managing spend, through (1) defining and executing a preforms & closures category strategy: risk management, supplier relationship management, innovation and productivity, (2) measuring and improving performance, (3) and achieving annual plans and delivering financial plans.
- In close collaboration with the Global Procurement rigid management, draft & implement preforms & closures category strategy, using strategic sourcing approach.
- Participate and lead cross-functional category team.
- Manage category on a local level and leverage from PepsiCo’s scale in the global.
- Develop and follow PET resin coverage plan/playbook, ensure compliance and take pro-active measures to mitigate business risk.
- Work closely with GP COE, R&D and Quality to:
- Plan and monitor preform & closures category annual and long-term strategic sourcing targets.
- Plan and monitor sourcing productivity/savings and cash flow for preforms/closures category (short and long term).
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives from procurement side for the category.
- Evaluate & evolve sourcing strategy based on changing market conditions and provide inputs during strategic sourcing activities, including internal and external analysis and negotiations.
- Ensure implementation of sourcing strategy / plans, compliance monitored, and benefits tracked (in close collaboration with the Finance team) in line with the procurement policy & practices.
- Lead category value engineering (VE) projects to achieve business goals.
- Closely liaise with main business stakeholders in beverage area in Egypt.
- Align category strategy with business stakeholders and business management; one focal point to represent preforms & closures category internally and externally.
- Ensure implementation of best-in-class sourcing tools, relevant to the category.
- Lead category negotiations and manage contracts development with suppliers in timely manner.
- Track resin, preforms & closures supply market, share evolving category trends, monitor supplier performance and share benchmark against industry / market standards.
- 5 years of Strategic Sourcing experience in FMCG.
- Beverage Packaging Materials Sourcing Experience or Beverages Business Experience.
- Experience in using advanced sourcing methodologies/ tools.
- Experience in a regional procurement function/ company.
- Experience of procurement/ strategic sourcing in Egypt.
- Skilled in managing a dispersed team of business stakeholders in different countries; strong communication skills.
- Multilingual and multinational experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degrees
Job Type: Regular