As an R&D Associate Principal Scientist, knowledge in Statistics, Biostatistics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering will be utilized to extract information from data for maximum understanding of R&D Innovation performance. You will leverage your skills in building and automating various Machine Learning tools/processes and in building AI tools that automate certain processes within Global R&D.
- Execute operating plan projects via advanced statistical, analytics, and experimental techniques that provide business impact and value
- Create the most efficient statistical experiments for product and/or process optimization
- Provide expert statistical consulting for complex studies to R&D Life Sciences on study design, sample size calculations, and selection challenges; contribute to protocol development, and review and write statistical analysis plans
- Partner with R&D Categories to identify new advanced analytics tools
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information relevant to building analytics systems
- Process and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Communicate and present results in a clear and insightful manner to a diverse audience within and outside R&D
- MS (with 5+ years work experience) or Ph.D. (with 3+ years work experience) required in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or other quantitative scientific/engineering field
- Knowledge and experience in the application of advanced statistical and data modeling techniques (statistical modeling, advanced analytics, design of experiments methodology)
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision trees, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience in software packages like SAS, R, Python, Minitab, JMP
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement