Main Purpose :-
The role requires overall supervision and focused handling of all indirect tax related issues of Concentrate, Foods and Beverage businesses encompassing GST, Central Excise, Customs, Service Tax, VAT, Market fee etc. This entails business advisory, dealing with all indirect tax related litigation (including big ticket cases) responding to queries, resolving business issues, keeping track of changes in the relevant tax laws, advising and reviewing tax compliance.
- To provide support to Plants, Categories, Commercial Units, and other functions in relation to all indirect tax issues e.g. product classification, valuation, rate of applicable taxes / duties, availment of credit, day to day operational issues, compliances, assessments etc.
- To strategize and work closely with Counsels in handling of critical and high stakes cases and Litigation Management.
- To provide support to Finance, Commercial and Unit teams in understanding, implementing and complying with tax laws.
- To track pending cases across locations and initiate / lead litigation before different adjudication and appellate authorities, Tribunal, High Court and Supreme Court.
- To strategize and suggest proactive initiatives to drive tax planning and efficiency and minimize tax incidence.
- To develop team and train stakeholders by holding workshops, issuing advisories etc.
- To keep abreast of changes / updates in GST and other indirect laws and apprise stake holders about the impact on business and suggested go forward.
- Support Franchise Team & bottlers in handling franchisee IDT related issues.
- Support PPGA in filing Govt representations and meeting with officials & greenfield projects.
- Coordinate with IDT Finance team and external partners in reviewing & advising on legal issues relating to GST compliances.
- Support business teams in handling GST, VAT, Service Tax, Excise Audits & Assessments.
- Should have more than 12 years experience, and more than 5 years experience in Indirect Tax
Main interactions within & outside organization / External & Internal Environmental Factors
- Interaction with external lawyers (frequently)
- Interaction with internal customers from sales accounts and fiancé teams (daily)
- Interaction with sales teams (need based)
- Interaction with plants. (need based)
- Conference with Senior Advocates (need based)
- Attending court hearings in critical and high stakes matters (as and when listed in Courts)
Key Skills/Experience Required
- Law Graduate form reputed College.
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good drafting skills.
- In-depth knowledge of indirect tax laws
- Hands on experience.
- Excellent network both internally and with external counsels.
Job Type: Regular