Category Manager – FLNA North Division Category Leadership – Meijer
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The Demand Accelerator (DX) team represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space resources supporting Sales and Marketing plans across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers.
As a Category Manager supporting Meijer, you will deliver strategic insights in support of the PepsiCo Salty Snack Team while partnering with a large format customer. Specifically, this role will work to identify market trends, competitive threats, brand strategies and customer strategies in order to increase sales and market share.
- Primary responsibility is to lead, enhance, and grow the PepsiCo relationship with the Category Buyer by being a thought leader and “go-to” resource for category, shopper and consumer trends, and merchandising solutions
- Use analytics from multiple data sources across markets, shoppers, and consumers to make business-building recommendations for category growth, while gaining a deep understanding of consumer and shopper behavior and interactions across products, geographies, cohorts, and occasions. This analysis will be used to drive the customer's learning agenda
- Develop, maintain and communicate performance via actionable reporting tracking tools to support both the customer and PepsiCo Frito-Lay team
- Secondary responsibilities include streamlining the PepsiCo JBP process as primary category management “point-person” through partnering with the Meijer sales team and HQ shopper and insights teams to drive the Meijer/PepsiCo agenda
- As a Category Manager within the DX, you have an opportunity to make immediate impact in a changing salty snack category landscape. You will drive the discovery and use of consumer, customer and market insights in Customer Team strategies, category strategies and planning, customer communication, and initiatives that enhance brand and category performance. This work includes new product introductions, pricing analyses, seasonal reviews and programs, promotional planning and evaluation, consumer usage analyses, understanding the impact of assortment changes on category and brand growth.
- Utilize syndicated consumer and market data for the purposes of uncovering compelling insights
- Leverage shopper and consumer insights in the development of category strategies and retailer relevant sell stories
- Integrate information from many sources and develop actionable insights and recommendations
- Provide expert analysis and insight to Customer Team members so they are able to effectively make optimal decisions in the marketplace, and share that learning across the broader organization
- Keeps abreast of developments and best practices in category management. It is expected that you will pursue the knowledge needed to improve departmental capabilities and improve professional competence
- Participate in account strategic planning process
- Act as a strong, clear, objective, and inspiring voice of enterprise Customer Team
- Location: Michigan/Chicago/Great Lakes flex
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA a plus
- 5 + years of Category Management / Insights within the consumer packages goods industry
- 3-5 years’ experience in analyzing and interpreting data
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and thought leadership skills
- Strong PC skill set (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with standard data resources and solutions (Syndicated POS, Panel, Retail Link, Vision Chain/Shiloh/RSI)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact confidently and effectively with team members, management and the customer
- Collaboration is essential in this role as the person will work very closely with account sales leads, cross-functional teams as well as the retailer directly
- Strong planning/organizing skills; the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Must be willing and able to travel 20-25% of the time
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement