We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers.
We're a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better!
What you'll do:
As an EHS Manager, you'll contribute to the success of the PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA) by ensuring regulatory compliance, accident prevention and after injury management at the Chicago and Oshkosh manufacturing locations.
You'll deploy, implement, and own the EHS agenda by supporting the location manufacturing teams with integration of environmental and safety programs, Workers' Compensation, prevention efforts, and regulatory compliance into everyday work life. Our most successful EHS Managers provide collaborative, proactive, and creative problem solving abilities to develop outstanding EHS programs for the improvement of the overall strategy and EHS management system.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Implement, execute, ensure compliance with the Pepsi - North American Beverages EHS policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local OSHA/EPA/ (i.e. Lockout, Haz Com, Machine Safety, SARA, RCRA, etc.)
- Manage local EHS budget
- Lead the development and implementation of the EHS Annual Operating Plans and EHS Action Plans for the location
- Achieve annual targets rates for Lost Time, Recordable, Severity, and Environmental
- Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries, and environmental incidents
- Demonstrate solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Conduct EHS activities such as training/auditing/assessing to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory agency requirements, Zero Zone Management System standards, Emergency Response and and internal PepsiCo EHS procedures
- Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures. Recognize and verify the efficiency of in-place control measures
- Identify unsafe equipment operation and conditions while demonstrating knowledge of appropriate corrective action for unsafe conditions or equipment use
- Complete root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes and management system weak-spots through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree with greater than 10 years’ work experience in EHS
- Your effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to build a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Your excellent organizational skills and experience using PC and related software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Safety management experience in a related industry, including consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing or grocery industry
- Safety degree and/or related certification
- Knowledge and experience with EHS Management systems and their deployment
- EHS auditing
- ASP, CSP, CIH, and/or CHMM desirable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement