We are currently looking for an IT Operations Systems Admin (Compute Lead) to join our IT team in Carrigaline on a contract bases.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
Our Information Technology (IT) team is going through an exciting time. PepsiCo is transforming the way we use technology across all areas of the business, and IT act as our partners, advisers and service providers on this journey. Many of our IT roles have an international focus, and support internal clients across multiple countries, helping them to identify, deploy and optimise the technology needed to deliver outstanding results. Do you have a passion for solving business challenges by leveraging technology? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
This role is required to provide a secure and compliant technology environment in the three manufacturing plants in PGCS Cork with responsibility for some PGCS sites also. This will involve supporting the global security group initiatives, maintaining the security patch level of the infrastructure environment across PGCS and driving compliance with responsibility for required global control testing for PGCS. Vendor management is key in this role with external support that we receive for several applications that are Cork specific. A deep understanding of IT and its function to support manufacturing is required. There is also a responsibility to manage the vendor providing support to the large SQL environment which supports manufacturing systems in Cork.
This role is required to provide a secure and compliant technology environment in the three manufacturing plants in PGCS Cork with responsibility for some PGCS sites also. The role requires a deep understanding of IT and its function to support manufacturing and will directly involve supporting the global security group initiatives, maintaining the security patch level of the infrastructure environment across PGCS and driving compliance
High level of communication and collaboration is required. This role works closely with:
- Internal IT groups such as PGCS architecture, Network, Compute and EUC, incident/change management teams & senior IT management.
- Technical teams and senior management of internal Manufacturing and Engineering groups.
- IT teams from other PGCS sites to share knowledge, maintain security levels and to coordinate any upgrade projects.
- 3rd party vendors to renegotiate maintenance contracts; scope proposals for new solutions; request quotations; troubleshoot issues on existing solutions.
- Tracks all spend across the Cork technology budget and liaise closely with direct manager and finance to report spend trends.
- Ensures the PGCS technology infrastructure environment remains virus free and compliant with all global standards by managing the WSUS tool for Cork
- Manages and maintains the relevant security tools for PGCS including SEP;
- Lead and partake in Compute, Manufacturing and Network projects as required
- Responsible for completing all Global controls testing for PGCS Cork.
- Manage and coordinate support for the SQL environment in PGCS Cork
- Responsible for coordinating DR testing for all PGCS Cork systems
- Expected to influence others to follow IT best practice & key processes.
- Communicates to relevant IT and Business stakeholders on security metrics.
- Coordinate and report on financial spend for Technology team on a monthly and yearly basis
- Technical knowledge and integration experience is required across several technologies including Compute, Network, EUC & Security.
- External training and qualifications are required in these areas; e.g. SQL, VMware, Cisco, Microsoft training/qualifications.
Desirable to have in depth knowledge of Pepsi processes and integration experience on some of the following:
- SAN Storage management, Veritas NetBackup, Tape libraries, ESX hosts – VMware environment, Cisco Switches, Cisco Wireless WLC, Active Directory and Group Policy admin, Citrix, WSUS - Server patching, Access Control – Symmetry, SQL and Oracle DB management, CoreHR, Change Control, Problem/Incident Management, Vendor Access Management
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role IT Operations Systems Admin (Compute Lead). However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be IT Operations Analyst.
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Temporary