1. Main purpose:
Owns the annual marketing plan and results for Lays Brand within Vietnam MU. Adapts global programs and develops local initiatives to market ready state. Gains cross-functional and management alignment and supports front line execution of consumer initiatives.
- Strategic development
- Aligns the marketing strategy for Lays to meet the needs of VNMU business
- Develops and gains alignment around annual marketing plan and initiative calendar
- Provide support and inputs for Head of Marketing to develop Strategic Business Plan (SBP)
- Understands and uses the key levers to drive consumer preference and volume
- Develop bottom-up AOP budget and manage allocated budget
- Innovation/ New Product Development
- Adapts global programs to meet local consumer, customer and regulatory needs
- Lead R&D, Operations, Procurement and Finance teams to develop new products and ensure on-time launching as per alignment with Head of Marketing and Regional Marketing team
- Ensure proper project management with Stage Gates alignment
- Ensures programs meet the needs of major trade channels
- Conduct post launch evaluation for all projects
- Align the communication plan with Head of Marketing and Region Marketing team and brief agencies
- Work creatively and efficiently with Regional Marketing team to create communication campaigns as per AOP through:
- Leveraging PepsiCo Best Practices to see how to best lift and shift, if there is local relevance and opportunity
- Leading creative, media and social agencies to create communication campaigns
- Oversee the agencies delivery
- Translates/adapts copy, labels, POS to local language, regulations and culture.
- Communicates initiatives to sales force and provides them with required materials.
- Gains legal approval for marketing initiatives.
- Manages agencies/suppliers on local production of marketing materials and media buying.
- Acts as “guardian of brand” to ensure all local execution meets PEPSICO standards
- Monitor market/ Consumers
- Tracks and continuously improves performance of initiatives
- Examine brand market data (Retail Audit, Brand Health Tracking & other ad-hoc studies) to understand brand’s issues/ opportunities & advise Head of Marketing as well as Sales team
- Conduct market/ consumer visit to obtain feedbacks
- Monitors competitor activity and growth opportunities
- Improves implementation to increase performance and competitiveness
- Manage / Control overall A&M budget
- Organization capability: Provide ongoing support, engagement and coaching/capability building for subordinates (Marketing Executive) and peers across functions.
GCS: As a control owner, perform control roles and responsibility in accordance with PepsiCo Accountability model. Support Process Owner in driving GCS agenda. Understand the objective of the assigned control(s) and document the test script attributes for effective execution of the control, evaluate control effectiveness through testing as per GCS guidelines and maintain an audit trail to evidence execution of the activities. Ensure timely remediation of any control deficiencies.
- University graduation, at least 4-year experience in Marketing
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, organization and presentation skills.
- Strong business mindset.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong consumer & creative marketing background with strategic thinking and insight orientation
- Ability to work with different people and exert good organization impact with confidence
- Creative, able to bring different dynamics to team
- Positive, self-motivated and a team player
Job Type: Regular