Routing Specialists are responsible for creating delivery routing solutions for assigned PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA) distribution centers while learning all aspects of our delivery routing process. Accountabilities include flawless execution of the delivery routing process while ensuring that cost and productivity objectives are achieved. Routing Specialists communicate primarily with location level field partners to understand resources and positively affect delivery operations via quality routing solutions. Routing specialists also work closely with routing managers to identify efficiency opportunities for their locations while developing advanced analytical skills required for future role success.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Dispatch daily routing using specialized routing software (Pepsi Dispatch, Roadnet, Easitrax, and Bay Mapping applications)
- Communicate daily with locations to coordinate resources, drivers and trucks, and specific customer delivery needs and routing solution effectiveness
- Solve daily routing solution by FLEX routing (fewest trucks and drivers) based on daily workload, tight geographical areas, proper sequencing, balanced workload, and customer/driver continuity
- Ensure routing solution complies with DOT hour and weight regulations
- Ensure routing solution achieves location productivity targets for hours, stops, and cases
- Meet location and Routing Intelligence Center (RIC) productivity targets
- Handle customer and Internal employee interactions in a professional manner
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and adhere to schedule deadlines
- Strong computer skills
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of productivity finance principles
- Basic understanding of delivery route operations
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent relevant logistics job experience
- Intermediate MS Office Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Willingness and availability to work assigned set schedule. NOTE: Shifts are primarily Monday through Friday. However, contingent on business need, some shifts are 4-day workweeks that include the weekend. Flexibility to work a weekend day or afternoon shift (including a start times between 11am and 2pm) is required.
- Prior Logistics/Operations experience
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement