We are currently looking for an Associate Engineering Manager to join our Global Engineering team. As a key member of our dynamic team, you will be part of the PGCS Technical Function, and you will be responsible for delivering a diverse portfolio of multidisciplinary capital investment projects across our Irish manufacturing sites.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world
Reporting to the Ireland Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for the delivery of the site capital agenda for the Ireland region with overall responsibility for the project execution, capital budget, schedule and delivery of capital plan.
The role will be responsible for providing the Ireland sites with the engineering technical support required to deliver key site programs.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Responsible for the overall execution of the Ireland sites’ Capital Plan (including scope, contract strategy, resource requirements, communications plans, safety and quality management, risk management, budget and schedule management) for the Ireland area sites.
- Provide technical leadership as required across all 3 Ireland plants required to deliver the key site initiatives
- Manage site project engineering resource required to deliver the engineering agenda
- Responsible for delivering the engineering and procurement standards, including technical and commercial aspects, supplier relationships and performance management of key capital programs
- Responsible for identifying and resourcing the capabilities needed to deliver technically complex solutions
- Responsible for the safe execution, the budget and the schedule of the capital program
- Identify and develop strategic supplier relationships to support effective management of the PGCS global and local capital requirements
- Develop and leverage best practices from PepsiCo divisions as well as from other industries to deliver world class performance in plant and equipment design, project implementation and construction management
- Implement sustainable engineering practices and programmes ensuring sustainability in plant design and operation
- Lead the interface and communication with individual plants to ensure seamless handover of projects to plant operations
- Several years process industry experience in engineering with extensive capital project management experience particularly in the management of a multi-disciplinary portfolio of complex projects.
- Degree qualification in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering
- Experience required in the following areas:
- Process plant technical standards
- Project concept development
- Business case and capital approval
- Design, Procurement and Installation
- Construction, Commissioning and Validation
- Environmental, health and safety management
- Contractor and Construction Management
- Project risk management
- Schedule and cost control
- Change Management
- Ability to define and lead projects and direct/motivate project teams
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to work at all levels in an international organization
- Proven track record in delivering multi-disciplinary capital projects and providing technical support within complex manufacturing facilities
- Proven track record in executing large capital projects with significant construction scope in a live operating environment
- Highly developed influencing skills required to manage various stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast moving and agile environment with numerous priorities
- Experience in a similar business area
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular