Who We Are
PepsiCo Design & Innovation is a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve brand and business problems that drive meaningful value and growth. Our mission is to elevate the role of design and design thinking as a function, process, mindset, and as culture in PepsiCo and the broader business world.
We are a consumer-centric organization with a start-up mentality within our larger organization; we partner with world-class partners in Marketing, Insights, and R&D to strategically drive business results with purpose.
As part of the Pepsi Design team, you will partner closely with functional design experts as well as the business to develop brand design strategies across a spectrum of capabilities including product architecture, innovation pipelines, visual identity systems, design guidelines, packaging design, and structural design.
The Senior Brand Designer will engage with cross-functional teams to drive comprehensive brand and graphic design projects from ideation and strategy to execution. The main objective of this role is to guide the Pepsi brand design, help craft the brand design strategy, and execute major design projects across the portfolio.
Design Project Management:
- Partner across disciplines within PepsiCo and external suppliers to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time.
- Inform and align stakeholders throughout the creative process, regularly reviewing the status of projects with appropriate leadership to verify that project expectations are met.
Brand Design Development:
- Support the visual identity for the Pepsi portfolio, working in collaboration with the North America Pepsi Design Director and other design leaders across brand, product, packaging, equipment, marketing, and advertising.
- Generate creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) in order to visualize the desired output and share it with internal and external team members.
- Participate in research activities and effectively translate customer needs into actionable design strategy (must be able to execute those requirements into design solutions). Help drive to final design recommendations, decisions, and design approval to enable artwork execution/production phases. Ensure thorough consideration of all project variables and that the final solution will perform as planned.
External Design Network:
- Supports the PepsiCo Design & Innovation organization in building and cultivating a robust external design network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design required with minimum 5+ years of hands-on brand and packaging/graphic design experience.
- Should have full-time agency side and or client-side experience
- Advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop skills are a must.)
- Must be willing and able to travel 15% of the time
- Strong typography skills, conceptual design skills, and design strategy experience
- 360 brand design experience (i.e., print, packaging, digital, environmental, experiential)
- Extraordinary design taste and expertise with an excellent sense of design trends
- Ability to work in an agile, dynamic work environment with a start-up mentality (comfortable with risk and uncertainty)
- Strong stakeholder relationship management - effectively influence at all levels in the organization, as well as across regions and functions
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external business partners
- Collaborative and works well with others to deliver results; keep others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises
- Ability to multitask. Excellent time and project management skills to be able to meet project deadlines
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement