We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. That’s why we Perform with Purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
Frito Lay is PepsiCo’s snack manufacturing, sales and distribution operating unit. They have the world’s largest portfolio of billion dollar foods and are specifically responsible for the growth of some of America’s favorite snack foods, including FRITOS®, LAY’S®, DORITOS®, CHEETOS®, AND TOSTITOS®.
The District Service Manager (DSM) is accountable for leading a team that is responsible for service and execution to customers in a fast-paced direct store delivery environment. Responsible for all aspects of managing hourly Delivery Specialists, Precision Specialists, and Merchandisers to achieve weekly sales volume, variable unsaleables plan and hourly labor plan. This role must manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The DSM role requires strong leadership skills, good communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage, motivate and develop a team of frontline employees to increase daily productivity and improve business performance
- Hire, train, schedule, and lead Part Time Merchandisers, Precision Specialists and Delivery Specialists
- Manage Performance for all PTMS, DS and PS positions
- Conduct one-with-one and “work with” meetings with PTMs, PS, and Delivery Specialists to discuss performance
- Coach Delivery Specialists, Precision Specialists and PTMs to successfully service accounts
- Ensure DOT Compliance for DS roles
- Manage schedules, hours and scheduler tools for all direct reports including deliver and service
- Collect, chart and interpret statistical data; manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Manage multiple priorities while allocating resources between accounts
- Help employees prioritize the work and promote teamwork
- Supervise daily operations, delegate tasks and monitor progress
- Set productivity and service targets, measure performance to drive accountability
- Lead district meetings to brief the frontline employees on scheduling and meeting delivery goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to enable perfect service and execution
- 1-3 years years managing frontline hourly employees and/or demonstrated leadership capabilities preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- Consumer packaged goods experience in a direct store delivery environment
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and follow up skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends
- Prior experience leading and motivating a team of people
- Skilled at managing financial results
- DOT Certified
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement