- Develop snacks packaging solutions for new greenfield sites and expansion sites that deliver 30%+ cost takeout and meet affordability targets in the growth markets
- Scout for suppliers/partnerships; Pilot and successfully validate new designs and new approaches; Enable Sector to roll-out per the agreed roadmap
- Deliver PSP and AOP commitments. Measure and report progress against 30% capital reduction goal by specific scope area
- Build affordability targets by type of equipment system taking into account need to drive capital reductions while delivering positive overall financials. Propose options to deliver lowest total cost by considering total cost of ownership
- Build technical files as required to include documents such as NDA’s, RFP, RFQ, URS, FDS
- Partner with Procurement, equipment fabricators, equipment integrators, design/construction firms to develop capability to deliver savings at scale
- Develop a road map for solution development and implementation for specific Packaging equipment systems
- Ensure design complies with safety requirements. Explore designs that reduce cost AND meet requirements
- Align with all appropriate stakeholders across Engineering/TPG/MOS/ R&D to help deliver the programs successfully
- Manage multiple virtual cross sector / cross-functional teams including technical/R&D and site project managers
- Partner with GVIC and LCA teams to use best practices for scouting, modeling & simulation, system redesign and start-up/validation
Technical degree in Engineering. Ideal curriculums are Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineer, Construction Management.
- 8+ years in Technical roles in Production Equipment Design and Delivery of breakthrough costs
- 8+ years in food and beverage industry as well as Consumer Packaged Goods experience (preferred)
- Business mindset with strong financial system understanding. Ability to challenge existing standards in search of cost unlocks and solutions that can meet requirements at lower total cost
- Experience across regions and businesses with understanding of affordability differences
- Modeling experience and demonstrable experience using these models to drive design trades and design requirements
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with ability to influence at executive level and across Functions within the organization
- Strong analytical skills – ability to interpret complex data and distil into useful and actionable information. Numeracy and an ability to understand financial models and processes
- Strong background in program management and project engineering methodologies and processes with experience in continuous improvement tools: Lean, Six Sigma, or other.
- Broad exposure to mechanical, electrical, control systems, design and construction including common engineering tools used for such efforts with detailed knowledge and expertise in at least one of the areas
- Deep understanding of the business and end user needs, and can proficiently translate those needs into the right technology solution
- Resolves complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Brings a department and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions
- Ability to explain complex technical issues/solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Self-starter, self-motivating - able to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Ability to translate “breakthrough” ideas into actionable plans and deliver against required timelines
- Demonstrated track record in achieving results through virtual x functional teams
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement