This fast-paced driven team of Product Scientists focuses on the development of PepsiCo's diverse beverage portfolio of beverage products by bringing innovative ideas and making a direct impact on our success. This team leads the development and commercialization of new products within the Value added protein space across ready to drink (RTD) and powdered beverages.
The Product Development Scientist will assist with the development of RTD and powdered protein products for retail application from concept through commercialization.
- Apply development strengths to conduct product development work, which includes the development of bench top prototypes that are safe stable and legal. Needs to have ability to scale-up products for commercialization
- Have the ability to develop beverage solutions in both powder and liquid formats
- Conduct in depth research, create reports, and effectively communicate technical results to non-technical employees
- Effectively conduct trouble shooting and root cause analysis for all product issues
- Provide technical guidance and insight to cross functional team members to ensure seemless product execution.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including timely and accurate status updates of development/research
- Utilization of interpersonal skills to work effectively within teams
- Demonstrates ability to understand application of consumer research and experimental design to project objectives
- Accurately maintains Laboratory notebook and follows all safety requirements (e.g. PPE)
- Actively participate in Marketing and Marketing Research programs, including focus groups and other consumer research formats
- Develop understanding of strategic ingredients, products, processes and packages to support development of new products/platforms
- Build strong relationships with relevant internal and external partners
Knowledge & Experience:
- BS in a Food Science or related discipline
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in product development or 1-2 years experience with Masters degree
- Ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Outstanding team working and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
- Experience with RTD and powdered protein beverages desired
- Experience with hydrocolloids and emulsifying systems desired for the development of protein based beverages
- Ability to formulation dry blends and experience with dry blending to execute powdered beverage mixes
- Ability to translate bench scale products (RTD and powdered) into commercial manufacturing scale
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good time management and organization skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and experience with building effective client/customer relationships
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement