Bring your passion and talent to our stage and share our PepsiCo vision to be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business
PepsiCo IT exists to shape, create and deliver technology capabilities to accelerate PepsiCo’s growth. Our vision is to power PepsiCo with the best talent and technology in the world. To achieve this vision, our team spans a wide range of IT capabilities. We partner with every PepsiCo business function – consumer insights, marketing & innovation, sales & eCommerce, supply chain & operations, and all back-office functions – to increase business value through new technology and digital solutions.
India will be a global IT Technology Hub for PepsiCo. The global IT Technology Hub in India will play a significant role in the delivery of IT services across all five of our global capability teams:
- Chief Technology Office (CTO)
- Global IT Operations
- Global Information Security
- Global Development & Delivery
- Strategy, Planning & Transformation
The CTO team brings the entrepreneurial spirit and speed of a startup company to innovate and solve real business challenges that are diverse, complex, and unique due to the global nature of PepsiCo’s business. These high-value innovations are delivered through internal teams as well as a partner eco-system of start-ups, academic institutions as well as large technology firms. CTO team members work with incubators and curated startup companies on a regular basis.
The CTO team delivers solutions leveraging leading-edge technologies in the areas of a) Big Data & advanced analytics using Teradata, HANA Enterprise, Hadoop, and Microsoft Azure Analytics, b) Artificial Intelligence (AI) using Machine Learning, Deep Learning, computer vision technologies for video, image, text, and voice analytics using programming languages such as R, python, Tensorflow, and GPU hardware for compute intensive applications, c) Internet of Things platforms (Cloud and Edge computing), d) Intelligent automation using RPA (UIPath), e) Augmented Reality using Apple ARkit and Android ARCore, f) Wearable devices & applications for hands free factory and warehouse operations, g) Blockchain for food safety and supply chain visibility, h) modern mobile application platforms, and i) modern infrastructure using hybrid multi-cloud environments and state-of-the-art collaboration and communication platforms. The CTO team also leverages agile development tools and processes (DevOps, Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery pipelines, etc.).
If solving sticky business problems using technology is your passion, PepsiCo CTO team provides unique opportunities to individuals like you. We invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come and join our team.
We are seeking a Infrastructure Compute and Database Engineer and will be responsible As Engineer of Compute (servers, storage and backup & recovery) and Database Domains, this role will drive the identification, design and build of compute and database capabilities for PepsiCo’s. This will include evolving compute and database technology standards and design to accommodate PepsiCo’s various IT, business and application strategies, in addition to looking at how we optimized compute and database services in place today. The Compute and Database Engineer will be a member of the Global Infrastructure Architecture & Engineering organization. This resource will serve as a subject matter expert in the area of Compute/Database Architecture and Engineering. The resource will provide thought leadership, provide technical oversight, and ensure that compute and database solutions meet PepsiCo requirements. The Compute and Database Engineer Lead will work closely with the sector delivery leads, infrastructure engineers and SMEs, and IT engineers and architects. The recipient should demonstrate experience across key infrastructure domains including Network, Cloud, IT Service Management, and Security. The role will be based in Hyderabad and will report to Infra Architecture and Engineering Lead.
- Build an architecture community for the Compute and Database domain to define enterprise technology standards, facilitate leverage and re-use, and ensure successful delivery of global Compute and Database Services across the enterprise.
- Identify, design development, and building of enterprise compute and database solutions
- Manages systems and infrastructure projects (e.g., design, evaluation, certification, deployment, troubleshooting)
- Provides technical IT leadership to new hardware and software platforms while attaining the enterprise architecture goals
- Delivers technical reviews and design solutions for request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP) and proof of concept requests
- Ensures that the individual infrastructure solutions align with the overall enterprise architecture goals
- Delivers the solution engineering in the analysis, design and planning phases of infrastructure related projects
- Ensures operational stability and ongoing engineering of solutions in support of the infrastructure
- Ensures service level agreements (SLAs) are met by engineering solutions that can support these SLAs
- Participates in procurement process (e.g., evaluates alternatives, develops justifications, negotiates with vendors)
- Maintains expertise in relevant areas of engineering (e.g., network, cloud, end user) and architecture to ensure effectively and efficiently utilized assets
- Identifies potential areas requiring changes to or development of new policies and procedures with future
Key Competencies Required:
- Develop an advanced understanding of the various types of architectures and how they’re interconnected
- Ensure the features, benefits, and architectural impact of technology are understood and valued
- Assist in developing the business cases for architectural solutions
- Position the appropriate IT services for customers to consider when deploying a technology solution
- Lead technical discussions, driving clarity of complex issues/requirements to build robust solutions
- Develop advanced understanding of technological capabilities
- Effectively highlight IT technological advantages and disadvantages from the customer’s perspective
- Identify technical win strategies from a business and technology perspective
- In depth experience and knowledge of Infrastructure Compute and database technologies is required.
- Experience with compute technologies: HW, Operating Systems, virtualization, high availability and compute management solutions
- Experience with storage technologies: HW, various storage types (SAN, NAS, Object), virtualization, replication technologies and storage management solutions
- Experience with backup & recovery technologies: SW, HW (VTL, ATL), replication technologies and backup & recovery management solutions
- Experience with database technologies: transactional databases (i.e. - Oracle, SQL Server), data warehouse (i.e. – Teradata, SAP BW), Data Marts (i.e. – Essbase, Hyperion), database replication and database management solutions
- Understanding of disaster recovery solutions and capabilities as it relates to compute and database solutions
- Must have experience guiding multiple projects, leading vendor selections and negotiations, and a strong understanding of the vendors and technologies.
- Experience working in a galobal environment with stakeholders across multiple geographies.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven track record of translating strategies into plans that can be effectively executed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; 10+ years in the Information Technology field, with 7+ years as a Compute Engineer.
Job Type: Regular