We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
That's why we perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies and improve processes…all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
Receiving Supervisor coordinates the receiving, shipping, and material handling for both direct and indirect materials. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety across all shifts.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Maintain quality standards of incoming materials
- Ensures effective management of materials
- Provides accurate inventory of materials in-house and within outside warehousing
- Manages variable labor costs
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Develops team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Delivers effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivates the team members to achieve plan goals
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements.
- Develops processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes (check in/out), and shipping.
- Develops and implements warehouse operations system improvements by leading continuous improvement projects as assigned and by analyzing process work flow, staffing and space requirements.
- Troubleshoots all receiving and shipping complaints to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence.
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- A minimum of 2 years of operations/logistics or supply chain experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Skilled in the use of inventory management systems such as, MARS, YMS, WMS, SAP
- Forklift certification a plus
- Experience with continuous improvement (i.e. Lean Six Sigma certification, TPM, lean manufacturing, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement