The main objective of this role is to develop and execute a broad range of brand design projects across multiple functions within PepsiCo, including Customer partnerships, Corporate and E-Commerce. This means creative directing and leading the planning, execution, and implementation of projects, governed by the highest standard of design principles and driven by effective processes to ensure only the best solutions and flawless execution.
Design Project Management: Responsible for partnering across disciplines within PepsiCo and external suppliers to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time. Energizes and leads both the internal team and external design resources from idea phase to commercialization.
Ensures each stakeholder understands his/her role and responsibilities throughout the creative process. Regularly reviews the status of projects with appropriate leadership to verify that Company and Division expectations are met.
Brand Design Development: Takes ownership of the visual identity for specific brand projects, working in collaboration with both the VP and the Senior Director of design for the customer team and the other design leaders, cutting across brand, packaging, marketing, equipment, and experience. Generates creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) in order to visualize the desired output and share it with internal and external team members. Participates in research activities and effectively translates customer needs into actionable design requirements. Execute those requirements into design solutions. Responsible for driving to final design recommendations, decisions and design approval to enable artwork execution / production phases. Ensure thorough consideration of all project variables and that the final solution will perform as planned.
Design R&D and Innovation: Identifies and promotes self-initiated design programs that generate critical business value for one or more divisions.
External Design Network: Supports the PepsiCo Design Organization in building and cultivating a strong external design network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Brand Design, Graphic Design required; Master’s degree in a Design discipline preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of deep brand design experience (preferably in a global and matrixed environment or working as consultant from a design firm for such organizations)
- Extraordinary design taste
- Ability to work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Great knowledge of art production and graphic design principles
- Very business savvy
- Deep expertise in graphic design software
- A global citizen with a deep understanding of the global marketplace and a passion for culture
- Can effectively influence senior levels in the organization across regions and functions
- Can get things done through formal and informal channels
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Works well with others to deliver results; keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement