Here at PepsiCo, we have a 12 month Packaging student placement opportunity in our Research & Development team based in Leicester.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by “Winning with Purpose” - this reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Innovation takes centre stage at PepsiCo. That means our Global R&D team are at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the continent, from Leicester to Moscow. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our R&D capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our R&D on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future.
In your role you will support the Packaging team with creating innovative packaging designs for the Europe Foods portfolio. This includes hands on experience in organisation, execution and analysis.
You’ll have lots of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to our business and in return you’ll have the chance to develop your skills and experience in a fast paced, energetic environment.
What you’ll get up to:
- Creative packaging development within R&D
- Packaging Development including development process, trial organisation and execution, analysis and reporting results to peers and line management.
- Working with product insights and analytical teams to measure packaging attributes.
- Communication (written and verbal) of project updates to Line Manager.
- Other activities will include arranging and conducting packaging tests and analysis, administration, submitting samples for laboratory analysis and reporting back to key members of the project teams.
- Packaging prototyping and preparation.
- Contribute to Health & Safety education and Health & Wellness activities.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate student, following path to a degree level qualification in Packaging/Food Science/Engineering/Design/Material Science.
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability multi-task
- Passion for creativity and innovation in packaging / product development
- Keen to gain experience of working in the Food/Packaging Industry
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Confident to challenge where appropriate but willing to accept final decision is held by line manager.
- Supportive team player with an accurate, methodical, tidy and reliable approach
- Good communication, verbal and written
- Computer-literate (Microsoft Office)
This 12 month placement starts in July 2020, with a salary of £17,500
We have a range of flexible benefits to offer you, from a competitive pension scheme, to mobile phone discounts - there’s something for everyone!
Application Closing Date – 27th October
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.