Auto req ID: 191192BR
Here at PepsiCo, we have a 12 month student placement opportunity in our Research & Development team based in Leicester.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by “Winning with Purpose” - this reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
Innovation takes centre stage at PepsiCo. That means our Global R&D team are at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the continent, from Leicester to Moscow. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our R&D capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level!
Ensuring creation of joyful moments through our delicious, nourishing & safe products and unique brand experiences is a cornerstone of PepsiCo’s Mission to ‘Create more smiles with every sip and every bite’. The complexity of our innovation pipelines is increasing as consumers seek novel ingredients, clean labels, new experiences and assurances over food integrity. Therefore, we have a duty to build a pipeline of future Food Safety talent that will enable the launch of new, innovative & safe consumer products…helping ensure we deliver against our Mission.
We have an exciting role within this team where you will get the opportunity to build a solid appreciation and food safety skill base in industry. You’ll positively impact the development and implementation of new food safety initiatives which will drive speed and efficiency.
What you’ll get up to:
• Undertake food safety reviews/approval for raw materials and low complexity projects.
• Generate insights from food safety data including qualification, complexity and survey to drive improvement within the food safety and other teams.
• Work closely with other R&D functions to ensure better connectivity.
• Manage the review of qualification data and provide pre-approval to the food safety risk lead.
• Provide regular communication and outcomes on initiatives you’re leading.
• Liaise and network with individuals from junior to senior level.
What we are looking for
Please note - It is a requirement that the placement student will be able to participate in tasting
- Undergraduate student following path to a degree level qualification in Food Science and/or Technology, microbiology or other related science subject.
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results with the ability to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Interest in how technology can enable food safety
- Passion for food safety and very inquisitive mind
- Self-starter and comfortable working alone
- Strong analytical skill to deal with complex situation
- Keen to gain experience of working in the Food Industry.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Confident to challenge where appropriate but willing to accept final decision is held by line manager.
- Supportive team player with an accurate, methodical, tidy and reliable approach.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- Computer-literate (Microsoft Office)
- Full UK driving license is preferable but not essential
What else do you need to know?
This 12 month placement starts in July 2020, with a salary of £17,500
We have a range of flexible benefits to offer you, from a competitive pension scheme, to mobile phone discounts - there’s something for everyone!
Application Closing Date - 27th October
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.