Here at PepsiCo, we have 12 month undergraduate industrial placement opportunities in our Research & Development team based in Leicester.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by “Winning with Purpose” - this reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Innovation takes centre stage at PepsiCo! That means our Global R&D team are at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the continent, from Leicester to Moscow. In a fast paced consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future.
In your role you will be part of either the snacks, nutrition or flavours team where you’ll be supporting a scientist with creative product development in R&D Development Kitchens, product development, including trial organisation, execution, analysis and reporting results to peers and line manager. Are you up for the challenge?
You will have lots of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to our business and in return you’ll have the chance to develop your skills and experience in a fast paced, energetic environment.
What you’ll get up to:
- Working with product insights and analytical teams to measure product attributes
- Liaising with teams, technical experts, and contractors globally as well as using literature searches to deliver key aspects of work streams.
- Building fundamental scientific insights under-pinning product development.
- Manage the storage and shipment of samples around the business worldwide.
- Communication (written and verbal) of project updates to Line Manager, peers and key project stake holders (including marketing, finance, etc).
- Other activities will include arranging product testing programmes, administration, submitting samples for laboratory analysis, writing up results and reporting back to key members of the project teams.
- Opportunity to get involved in additional projects (Product of the Future, local community projects)
- Planning and executing pilot scale and factory scalable product development trials
- Prototyping / trialling new products and new ingredients from kitchen to factory
What we’re looking for:
- Following path to a degree level qualification in Food Science/ Food Technology/Food Manufacturing/Chemical Engineering
- Initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities and able to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Passion for creativity and innovation in culinary and/or product development.
- Keen to gain experience of working in the Food Industry.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Confident to challenge where appropriate but willing to accept final decision is held by line manager.
- Encouraging teammate with an accurate, methodical, tidy and reliable approach.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- Computer-literate (Microsoft Office)
- Please note - the placement student will be taking part in tasting sessions on a regular basis (often daily), which will include tasting products with milk, gluten, soya, nuts & seeds.
This 12 month placement starts in July 2020, with a salary of £17,500
We have a range of flexible benefits to offer you, from a competitive pension scheme, to mobile phone discounts - there’s something for everyone!
Application Closing Date – 27th October
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.