Here at PepsiCo, we have a 12 month undergraduate industrial placement opportunity in our Operational team based in Cupar, Scotland.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
Our Cupar manufacturing site in Scotland is our only oats site and has been milling oats for over 100 years. It joined the PepsiCo family in 2001 and produces market-leading products such as Quaker Oats, Quaker OatSo Simple, Scott’s Porage Oats and Scott’s So Easy.
Operations delivery to service is critical to PepsiCo! That means our Operational Team are at the heart of the action in our manufacturing site and are kept busy delivering to our customers in the UK and globally. In a fast paced manufacturing environment our Operational Team is crucial to delivering customer service and providing solutions through projects which provide our site with the ability to grow capacity whilst providing innovative solutions to reduce costs to ensure we are competitive in the Grains and cereal market.
What you’ll get up to:
- Lead and own allocated CI Projects from inception through to handover ensuring key phasing of Projects are identified and worked to, with compliance to PepsiCo and Quaker specifications
- See Opportunities for productivity improvements
- Reconstruction of current KPI spreadsheets reporting into dashboards
- Changeover data collection and improvements
- Project time-planning
- Act as Interface (“on project” point of contact) for Site and other PepsiCo plants with teams (such as Operations, Finance, engineering, product development, Quality).
- Lead Operations Teams as appropriate for the size of each project ensuring adequate/appropriate resource allocation
- Deliver the execution value stream mapping from goods in to finish goods out process to ensure standardised agile and rapid deployment of productivity & best practices
- Cross UK communication of projects for best practices
What we’re looking for:
- Following path to a degree level qualification in a Manufacturing or Engineering practice Manufacturing/Chemical/ Process Engineering
- Initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Passion for delivery
- Keen to gain experience of working in the Food Industry.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate to a diverse audience.
- Able to influence people and take people with you.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Confident to challenge where appropriate but willing to accept final decision is held by line manager.
- Supportive teammate with an accurate, methodical, tidy and reliable approach.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- Computer-literate (Microsoft Office)
This 12 month placement starts in July 2020, with a salary of £17,500
We have a range of flexible benefits to offer you, from a competitive pension scheme, to mobile phone discounts - there’s something for everyone!
Application Closing Date – 27th October
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.