Here at PepsiCo, we have a 6 week engineering summer internship opportunity in our Supply Chain team based at our Walkers manufacturing site in Leicester.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Undergraduate placement students have an important part to play in our future and we provide a perfect environment for individuals to develop, whilst feeling valued and having fun. You’ll have lots of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to our business and in return you’ll have the chance to develop your skills and experience in a fast paced, energetic environment.
You’ll work closely with key leaders in our business, learning from their skills and experience. You’ll leave with a broad perspective of PepsiCo as a business and a more in-depth knowledge of the role Engineering plays within the FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) sector.
What you’ll get up to:
- Leading equipment reliability improvement teams to understand the root cause of poor performing assets and implementing initiatives.
- Support the development and deployment of both productivity and capital investment programs, which may include state of the art automation equipment.
- You’ll be given real-life objectives to work on and will be expected to make a noticeable contribution to your department.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate student, following path to a degree level qualification in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Manufacturing Engineering
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Creative and can think of new and innovative ways to develop systems and make existing things work more efficiently.
- Sharp problem solving skills and knowledge of standard tools.
- Passion for engineering and staying on top of industry developments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Supportive team player with an accurate, methodical and reliable approach.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Full UK driving license- preferred but not essential
This is a 10 week summer internship which starts in July 2020, with a salary of £17,500 (pro-rated)
We have a range of flexible benefits to offer you, from a competitive pension scheme, to mobile phone discounts - there’s something for everyone!
Application Closing Date – 27th October
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.