PepsiCo is looking for an experienced General Manager to join our high performing UK Logistics Leadership Team based at our biggest UK Distribution Centre in Leicester.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the eight year in a row!
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide leadership and delivery of Logistics excellence at the Leicester Distribution Centres and neighbouring site. You’ll be responsible for delivering a balanced scorecard across Quality, Cost, Delivery & Morale (QCDM). You’ll also provide strategic direction to continually improve the KPIs whilst understanding the day to day operational requirement to fulfil the OTIF metrics.
- Budget and cost delivery responsibility for in house warehouse operations at Leicester site.
- Ensuring the site’s Lean culture continues to evolve and that PepsiCo Values and Guiding Principles are promoted and upheld. This includes sponsorship of all Six Sigma site activity.
- Personal (and legal) ownership for the health, safety and welfare of <200 direct employees, and 500 on site employees.
- Deliver quality standards and metrics through operational and maintenance management of days based and shift-based teams to defined audit standards including BRC, PepsiCo internal EHS, FM global and GCS.
- Assist in the development and implementation of capital investments on lines to support the efficient control of the site's capital plan.
- Develop and maintain site talent including the frontline recruitment strategy, agency governance and wider team capability and succession planning.
- Collaborate with the wider UK&I Logistics leadership team to ensure broader network strategy is implemented.
- Lead the continuous improvement across within the distribution centre to achieve annual savings in line with the business aspirations.
- Significant Logistics experience and knowledge (products, processes, maintenance).
- Broad understanding of Operations with a proven track record of project management and driving cultural change.
- Very capable people leader:- standard setting, holding people accountable, influencing, motivating and coaching skills.
- High ability to communicate and be credible at all levels in the organisation (shop floor to senior executives).
- Understanding of Operations financial processes and systems (AOP, forecasting, cost of goods detail).
- Flexible approach, a keen eye for detail and the ability to make good, balanced business decisions that appreciate cross-functional objectives.
- Analytical skills and the ability to make short and long term recommendations on the basis of available data.
- Understanding of Lean methodology and its practical applications and processes.
- Influencing skills across Operations peers and seniors.
- Drive, self-starter.
- Key Leadership attributes include;
Job Type: Pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.