Our job is to power PepsiCo with the best talent and technology solutions in the world. We shape, create, and deliver world class technology capabilities & solutions to accelerate PepsiCo’s global growth across all functions. We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
As a SQL Server Database Administrator you will be responsible to perform activities required to support the operational availability, restoration of service, process and administration activities as it relates to application, infrastructure, platform services for database software supporting the Research and Development areas. In addition, the candidate will execute database designs in compliance with PepsiCo architecture guidelines, along with Business and Vendor requirements.
In this role you will:
- Maintain skills related to SQL Server Instance and database administration, advanced SQL Server diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques
- Develop and execute various database refresh and upgrade strategies for Application projects
- Manage comprehensive test plans and test cases, ensuring all components are represented
- Create updated ITIL solutions (diagrams, code, test plans, etc.) in support of incident and problem management
- Leverage knowledge gained related to business and technical processes to provide viable and flexible alternatives to business challenges
- Ensure processes are clearly documented and communicated via internal publications, training, quick reference cards (QRCs) or appropriate communications
- Follow Company database architecture standards
- Gathers access and volumetric requirements
- Support internal and external audits
- Bachelors degree in IT or related Stem fields or relevant experience
- 7+ years’ experience in a IT related position years
- At least 4 recent years’ experience working as a SQL Server database administrator
- Experience supporting a large (500+ instance) database environment
- Experience coding and debugging Microsoft PowerShell scripts and modules
- Experience with encrypted RDBMS environments
- SQL Server high availability knowledge is a plus
- Oracle Database Administration knowledge a plus
- Experience translating business and application requirements
- Team player with the ability to work well with changing priorities and demonstrated flexibility
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications and experience with remote or virtual teams
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement