As part of the PBNA Portfolio Insights Strategy & Capability Team within PepsiCo, you must demonstrate the ability to become a trusted adviser and thought leader to the business. You should be experienced in enrolling and engaging leaders in best practices for unlocking consumer and market insights to architect the portfolio, fuel strong business performance and identify sustainable innovation opportunities. You must be collaborative and able to work cross-functionally to contribute to the development of multi-year brand and portfolio growth strategies while also developing best practices to unlock efficiencies in the teams’ day-to-day decisions. You should be experienced in applying category, shopper, trend and consumer insights to influence these decisions and have the passion to see insights through to action. Additionally, you must have a drive to seek-out and trial emergent methodologies while maximizing value contracted with existing partners.
The Sr. Manager Portfolio & Transformation Innovation Insights reports to the Sr. Director who leads the Portfolio Insights Strategy & Capability Team. This person must be front-footed in proactively anticipating needs, opportunities, and risks on the following two focus areas and manage a direct report.
- Portfolio Innovation Strategy: Develop and maintain advantaged frameworks and tools to fuel PBNA’s portfolio innovation strategy and choices across new, disruptive innovation as well as lending to advance our scale existing brands. These range from future demand planning to innovation planning and launch tool kits that drive marketing and commercial planning and require connecting insights across all available syndicated and custom sources.
- Transformative Innovation Initiatives: Partner with the Transformative Innovation Marketing team to advance key innovation initiatives through idea scoping to development including both concept and product formula efforts. These initiatives will pave the way for more non-traditional launch and pilot models for PBNA and therefore the learning agenda should experiment with agile solutions.
While there are many accountabilities specified below, most importantly, this person must passionately seize a role of influence across a network of extended commercial and brand marketing partners and drive alignment to fact-informed portfolio investment and commercial choices (for today’s market and forward-facing).
- Partner with the Transformative Innovation team to continuously fuel the portfolio pipeline with advantaged consumer insights
- Build and maintain consumer demand planning tools to fuel the above thinking
- Partner with marketing and commercial teams to advance PBNA’s innovation planning and launch models to take advantage of new Division structure
- Design, scope and lead insights agendas against chartered innovation initiatives with a drive to unlock speed and efficiency in advancing more emergent product solutions
- Engage in compelling business storytelling to ensure insights inspire strategic decision-making
- Partner with the Advanced Analytics team, leverage syndicated data sources (i.e., IRI scanner and panel data, etc.) to help monitor and diagnose the category and address business issues and information needs
- Work in highly collaborative & cross-functional team environment, including Marketing, Strategy, Finance, R&D, Sensory, and Global, etc.
- Inspire and mange a Manager level direct report
- Proven strategic thinker with ability to connect the dots across multiple data sources to tell a connected, compelling business and consumer story to drive the business forward.
- Experience with a broad range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques with ability to distill and apply actionable insights to drive business impact.
- Deep understanding of how to turn insights into action and impact the innovation/commercial agendas
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive through leader with excellent managerial skills
- Future-oriented thinker with expertise in external practices and trends to continually evolve the function
- Strong consumer advocate and ability to influence decisions
- Strong grasp of finance fundamentals and P&L driven understanding of a healthy business
- Strong initiative and results orientation
- Strong influencing, communication and storytelling skills
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving
- Managerial experience
- Collaboration / teamwork skills; experience in matrix environment(s)
- Excellent project and budget management skills
- Bias for action
- 9+ years total experience an insights or marketing strategy professional
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree preferred
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement