PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $66 billion in net revenue in 2014, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth and shareholder value. In practice, Performance with Purpose means providing a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and reduce our operating costs; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities where we operate.
Why PepsiCo Design?
At PepsiCo design, we have a saying: “We’re crazy enough to think we can inspire the future.” This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute.
Our goal is clear: to connect PepsiCo’s beverage, snacks and nutrition portfolios, with today’s hyper-connected, networked users and consumers hungry for meaningful, authentic and relevant brand experiences across multiple touch points and regions of the world.
Looking for a Flamin’ Hot opportunity packed with flavor and crunch!?
Your role as the Senior Manager, Brand Design gives you the opportunity to partner with multi-disciplinary teams to create new products and brands while also acting as a brand steward to shape and grow some of the largest and most loved food brands in the world, brands we all have a personal connection to and are part of the broader cultural conversation online and in the media.
The Details: The senior level designer is responsible for the management and execution of comprehensive design programs within PepsiCo’s Global Foods portfolio. Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability to inspire and engage cross-functional teams, driving from ideation to execution with quality and strategic excellence. Projects may be executed both directly and with internal/external partners. As a global design representative, you will be expected to interact and collaborate with members of our extended design and marketing teams across the world on a regular basis.
The main objective of this role is to execute major brand design projects, strategies and innovations across the global portfolio. This means planning, organizing, and implementing consistent design principles and production processes to ensure that the design, strategy and production guardrails are met.
In this role, you will be given the opportunity to build upon existing capabilities as well as broaden your functional expertise as you drive our top global brands through all consumer touchpoints. Examples of projects may include development of brand identity, packaging and portfolio systems, 360 brand campaigns, promotions, and immersive brand activations, with solutions that spans the gamut from print, packaging, licensing, social/digital, environmental and new media.
- Design Project Management: Responsible for partnering across disciplines within PepsiCo and external suppliers to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time. Energizes and leads both the internal team and external design resources from idea phase to commercialization. Ensures each stakeholder understands his/her role and responsibilities throughout the creative process. Regularly reviews the status of projects with appropriate leadership to verify that Company and Division expectations are met.
- Brand Design Development: Takes ownership of the visual identity for specific brands in the portfolio, working in collaboration with the Global Design leader, Regional Design Team counterparts and other design leaders, cutting across brand, product, packaging, marketing, and advertising. Generates creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) in order to visualize the desired output and share it with internal and external team members. Participates in research activities and effectively translates customer needs into actionable design requirements. Execute those requirements into design solutions. Responsible for driving to final design recommendations, decisions and design approval to enable artwork execution / production phases. Ensure thorough consideration of all project variables and that the final solution will perform as planned.
- Design Innovation: Identifies and promotes self-initiated design programs that generate critical business value for one or more divisions.
- External Design Network: Supports the PepsiCo Design Organization in building and cultivating a strong external design network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Brand Design, Graphic Design required; Master’s degree in a Design discipline preferred
- 10+ years of work experience in a hands-on Brand or Graphic design role
- Experience with 360 brand campaigns including print, packaging, licensing, social/digital, environmental, promotions, brand activations, and new media preferred
- Expertise in using the Adobe Creative Suite software
- Extraordinary design taste. In tune with pop culture, arts, music and cultural trends that inspire creative design solutions a plus
- Talk and think about design in all its forms
- Ability to work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Effectively influence senior levels in the organization across regions and functions
- Can get things done through formal and informal channels
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Works well with others to deliver results; keeps others informed to avoid unnecessary surprises
- Must be willing and able to travel 15% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement