This is a PepsiCo career opportunity. This position is in PepsiCo China HQ. Please log onto www.pepsicojobs.com/main/china to find more career possibilities in PepsiCo China.
- Sector QD Leadership role reporting to the Senior Director- Global Nutrition Category Quality Systems Design and Quality Deployment.
- This role will lead Cross-Category QD Team to ensure that strategic vision are cascaded to the Quality Deployment Team supporting China’s Innovation in that Sector.
- Technical aptitude is a must for this role to help guide the QD Team to ensure continued execution of QA Programs/Standards, Qualification Protocol, data review, SME's engagement and proactive resolution of Quality issues in collaboration with Category R&D PD, GFGC/FS and SC functional roles within that Sector. Must be able to maintain team cohesiveness across his/her direct reports remotely located and with the rest of the Global QD team. He/She must have a strong understanding of the Global and Sector/Region Nutrition business PSP's to respond to Quality needs of a very dynamic, culturally diverse and highly complex Categories that are engage in 100+ Innovation annually in existing and emerging markets, eCommerce, plant Nutrition, TCM, Nutraceuticals, etc.. Stay current on competitive and regulatory landscape pertaining to FSQA in countries within the Sector to effectively execute a holistic FSQA/GFGC approach to decisions.
- Lead China Sector QD team of quality assurance professionals to assure innovation and R&D driven productivity initiatives meet PepsiCo quality and food safety requirements through technical stage gate (TSG) process
- Act as primary point of contact for Sector QD needs for category innovation efforts and ensure innovation pipeline is vetted, risks identified and mitigated by leveraging subject matter experts in food safety, microbiology, thermal process, regulatory affairs, etc.
- Partner with quality systems and food safety CoE for global deployment of critical quality and food safety programs as identified as PepsiCo strategic plan (PSP)
- Continued partnership with global/sector quality control teams to ensure operating sustainability of deployed initiatives from a food safety and quality perspective
- Lead other teams outside of FSQA to address and mitigate emerging market hurdles in cultural, bench strength capability, infrastracture, regulatory and resource challenged sectors
- Design and implement programs to support Nutrition QA objectives
- Deploy adequate and capable resources to support complex and high return global initiatives to meet nutrition category AOP and SBP commitments and PepsiCo PwP goals
- Maintain talent pipeline and organizational health through coaching, training and mentoring of team of direct/indirect reports
- Keep close partnership with business partners in R&D to anticipate changes in business plans and prepare accordingly
- A Bachelors degree in the Sciences, Engineering or equivalent, advanced degree a plus
- A minimum 12-15 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety Assurance, Quality/Food Safety Control, Quality Engineering, New Product Development, Manufacturing, R&D/Technical and/or related and equivalent experience
- Strong people management skills with ability to lead multi-market teams, provide clear priorities and expectations, and effectively manage resource needs with business demands
- In depth technical knowledge and experience in quality and food safety risks related to key process technology platforms (e.g. hot fill, aseptic, ESL, juice processing, dairy, grains, baking, extrusion); and mitigation of such risks leveraging quality and food safety tools and methods (Six Sigma/statistical process control, risk analysis leveraging FMEA or similar tools, process validation techniques, sanitary design and hygiene assessment, microbiological risk assessment)
- Demonstrated leadership in Quality Assurance, Food Safety Assurance, Quality/Food Safety Control, Quality Engineering, New Product Development, Manufacturing and/or R&D/Technical positions requiring successful interface with multi-disciplinary teams
- Effective leadership, negotiation, influencing, motivational, coordination, and communication skills across a diverse global fast paced organization.
- Broad understanding of new product innovation from concept to execution with strong technical knowledge
- Ability to focus on innovation leadership and "forward compatibility" with strong anticipation of issues, risk management skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively and manage risk in a fast paced environment with ambiguity and change. Ability to manage conflict, using data to drive decisions.
- Proven ability to manage pipeline of talent: hire and build team and skill base for organizational success, use of rewards and recognition to motivate team, ensure knowledge retention within the organization.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in a manufacturing Quality/Food Safety leadership role OR corporate Quality/Food Safety role.
- 20-30% travel required
- Experience in managing direct reports and managing through influence required, experience in managing remote location teams preferred
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Knowledge of international market, global food safety and regulatory landscape (FSMA, CODEX, CFDA, HACCP, GFSI etc.) desired
Job Type: Regular