Imagine What Can Happen When YOUR “Can-Do” Attitude MEETS OUR Iconic Brands
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
PepsiCo continues to be at the forefront as the category’s share leader and growth driver. We’re excited to see what we can accomplish with your skills, ideas, and perspectives. Are you in?
PepsiCo Foodservice is a division of PepsiCo that brings the company’s entire portfolio of food and beverage brands to market in out-of-home consumption channels to meet consumer needs at work, at play, and on the go.
What’s Your Role?
The Market Development Manager (MDM) for Food Service will be responsible for account management responsibilities associated with assigned Food Service accounts. Overall duties include participation in annual planning, business reviews (quarterly business review process) Reporting and trade management and account administration.
- Strategic sales leader, setting the annual agenda for distributors through business optimization, program management and distributor sales team interaction
- Achieve annual sales and profit plan by identifying opportunities, strategies and tactics, and by influencing key stakeholders within their distributors
- Sell in new PepsiCo products to foodservice distributors and achieve 100% distribution of big bets
- Identify and develop key senior level relationships that should be initiated to further attain goals; Relationship building among all branches of distributors (sales, marketing, operations, procurement)
- Negotiate and execute all aspects of distributor marketing programs for designated distributors
- Ensure distributor marketing activities/budgets, trade-spend and selling expense targets are met
- Distributor trade management (communication, compliance tracking, checkbook management, payment distribution)
- Business review preparation and presentation
- Attend customer meetings at multiple levels (branch, operator and district level meetings)
- Distributor order guide management (ensuring SKU level accuracy and maximizing SKU presence)
- DSR field work-withs (focusing on driving street business through training DSR's in PepsiCo product line management)
- Operator account call coverage with large street operators and multi-unit operators
- Distributor trade-show management
- Sell-in and ensure compliance with all PepsiCo sponsored promotional events
- Consistent customer consultation to maximize sales opportunity for both your customer and PepsiCo (win-win)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience - plus previous sales experience preferred
- Foodservice experience preferred
- Demonstrated collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability and desire to work independently in the absence of direct supervision
- Proven ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business issues
- Analytical, leadership and excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and dependability
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate and present effectively to all levels of an organization
- Must be willing and able to lift 40 lbs. periodically
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement