Who We Are…
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve brand and business problems that drive meaningful value and growth. Our team’s mission is to lead the innovation agendas in order to accelerate PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses and transform beyond its core. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change – for people, brands, business and the world around us. At PepsiCo Design, we have a saying: “We’re crazy enough to think we can inspire the future.” This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute. Come join our journey!
The Product Designer is responsible for execution of comprehensive product design and structural packaging projects within PepsiCo’s Global Design & Innovation Center. In this role, he/she will create world-class consumer product experiences that generate business value and drive projects from ideation to execution. Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability to generate, visualize and realize design solutions throughout concept development, refinement, and execution with ownership of quality of thinking and outputs.
This role requires strong proficiencies in the following: product sketching/rapid visualization, storytelling/storyboarding, ideation, renderings, 2D/3D prototyping, research & analysis, cross-functional collaboration, and presentation work.
- Generate fresh, compelling design solutions for business pipeline, brand experience/activations, and long-term strategic initiatives while representing consumer-centric thinking and excellent aesthetic sensibility for complex design challenges.
- Research and develop a point-of-view on relevant market/design trends, consumer segments, and the competitive landscape to inspire and guide design directions.
- Translate consumer needs, brand identity attributes, contextual imagery, and visual direction into functional, beautiful, brand-targeted product experiences.
- Create engaging presentation deliverables that may include research summaries, sketches/renderings, scenarios, appearance models and functional prototypes.
- Build 3D CAD for concept propositions for rapid prototyping or for communicating design intent to R&D, stakeholders, and business partners
- Collaborate with functions across the enterprise to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve design intent throughout initiatives.
- Drive design projects in collaboration with internal and external resources.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Industrial/Product Design
- 1-3 years of work experience + strong portfolio demonstrating a superb sense of aesthetics, surfacing, ergonomics, usability, prototyping, and user-centered design methodologies.
- World-class rapid-visualization skills (eg. hand-sketching, storytelling/storyboarding, etc) is required.
- High-proficiency in relevant software (eg. Adobe CC, 3D CAD modeling and rendering packages) is a must
- Comfortable working in all phases of the design process - from research to concept development and detail design for manufacturing
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to support and collaborate with the Innovation, Brand, Category, and Product Design teams across the studio.
- Passionate and/or socially active in the world of Sports and Music.
- Model-Making/Rapid-Prototyping or Digital/UX/Interaction Design or front-end coding experience is a strong plus
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement