PepsiCo Foods Canada is known for more than just our fun products and great brands. We've also got great people that work hard, focus on results and have a lot of fun doing it!
Company Profile: As part of the global powerhouse PepsiCo, PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is more than just snacks. Across Canada and the world, we have a broad portfolio of powerful brands including Lay's, Doritos, Tostitos, Pepsi, Aquafina, Tropicana, Quaker and Gatorade to name a few.
With over 5,000 employees nationwide, PepsiCo Canada is committed to building a family of tasty, delicious snacks that grows and prospers. And that's just the beginning. With six manufacturing facilities, 50 major distribution centers and 70,000+ customers from coast to coast, we're constantly searching for committed, hardworking individuals to help build our team.
While sales growth and operational excellence is vital to our performance, it's people that drive our success!
Position: PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is opening for Part-Time Packaging Technicians, for Day Shift: 8am - 4pm, Afternoon Shift: 4pm – Midnight and Night Shift: midnight - 8am (various days of the week including Tuesday - Saturday and Sunday - Thursday) in our Kentville, NS location. If you're looking for a challenging position with one of the world's leading snack food companies, here's your chance to join the team.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform Packer, Cleaner, Totes, Box person, Sanitation, Trimming and basic Packaging Machine Operation duties as required
- Support the daily production schedule
- Maintain packaging equipment to Company standards
- Develop action plans to address issues
- Effectively use Package Certification process to minimize quality holds
- Attend all pre-shift and team meetings
- Participate in Packaging Wall Meetings as required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- High school or GED equivalency
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback
- Strong technical skills and excellent understanding of the packaging room
- Ability to train, develop, and influence others
- Mature, responsible individual with sound judgment skills and attention to details
- Ability to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills
- Demonstrates leadership capability
- A proven track record of achieving results
- Willingness to work overtime/flex shifts as required
- Prior manufacturing experience an asset
Please note, a wage progression is followed and applicants will start at $13.50/hr
- Wage increases to $15.00/hr upon the successful completion of 500 hours (not including overtime)
- Wage increases to full rate of $17.00/hr upon the successful completing of 1,000 hours (not including overtime)
Job Type: Temporary