PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family. At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
The Engineering Services Manager contributes to the success of PepsiCo Beverages Canada by overseeing the Facilities and Maintenance teams as well as capital investments at the plant level. The Engineering Services Manager must ensure operations and building equipment are in good operating condition and capable of producing quality product by supporting the Maintenance Manager and Chief Operating Engineer to drive a proactive maintenance program centered on preventive maintenance and TPM activities within budget limitations. This individual is responsible for leading and developing the maintenance and facilities teams as well as project managers implementing Capital projects to ensure business alignment and that long term business needs are met.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the preparation and execution of departmental budget for staffing, spares, consumables, major equipment overhauls and new initiatives
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to perform the analysis and identify the maintenance function priorities and goals to deliver the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Ensure efficient maintenance and up keeping of all buildings, service and production equipment
- Support the development of the proper control procedures for maintenance such as work orders, work schedules, equipment listing and machinery.
- Institute an effective preventive maintenance program to ensure efficient production operation within cost targets
- Consult with production personnel to determine equipment operating and maintenance needs
- Develop the annual capital investment plan for the facility with the business
- Evaluate, develop and submit for approval, capital projects in line with business requirements.
- Ensure the support facilities (Compressed Air, Water, Co-Gen, boilers, HVAC ) uninterrupted operation to meet production demand
- Ensure safe operating conditions exists throughout the facilities. Promptly correct any unsafe conditions
- Set maintenance and facility team performance standards and aligns the organization
- Coordinate maintenance resources across facilities
- Coach and provide constant feedback for development and improved operation
- Develop staffing and skill building plans to build technical mastery. Lead problem solving activities and coaches the maintenance team on process improvement.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Plant maintenance or Engineering experience
- 7+ years experience in a high speed manufacturing environment required, preferably consumer packaged goods
- Project management skills; Timeline, budget, resource management
- Effective people management and communication skills
- Ability to engage trades people and effectively build relationships to drive performance
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
Job Type: Regular