The FLNA R&D Productivity Engineer will lead the qualification and execution of Productivity initiatives. The Associate will apply engineering principles, project management skills and experimental design/analysis to evaluate Productivity projects.
· Understanding productivity opportunities - These opportunities include improvements in throughput, yield and sustainability without compromising quality, product design or consumer acceptability
· Execution of project plans to quantify and develop identified opportunities – Working in conjunction with cross functional partners to execute critical plans will provide opportunities to learn project management skill
· Application of sound engineering and science principles to address technical challenges – Most productivity problems are resolved through the correct application of basic engineering principles
· Conducting experimental designs and statistical analysis of results – Project decisions will be based on data driven results
· Collaboration with cross-functional partners Productivity opportunities span many functions, such as Operations, Purchasing, and Ops Finance as well as across sectors and regions.
· Communication of Results – Results and recommendations will be shared both written and verbally within the productivity team and with the productivity leadership.
By joining Transformational Productivity you will become a part of a team which helps drive over $20MM in annual savings to the bottom line.
As a Productivity Development Associate you will:
· Drive bottom line savings which can be used to fuel future innovation
· Insure product design integrity while making big changes to big brands
· Qualify breakthrough innovation which can be leveraged across our global businesses
· Learn technical leadership, while partnering with a team of R&D technical resources.
· Gain experience and knowledge on multiple brands and processes
· Learn business principles which define project successes.
· Provide updates to the team and productivity leadership
· Learn Lean Six Sigma skills
|· BS in Engineering with some prior process experience|
|· or an MS in Engineering|
|· Leadership and collaboration skills|
|· Ability to communicate|
|· Willingness/ability to travel up to 33%|
|· Some prior experience in processing|
|· Creative and innovative problem solving skill|
|· Understanding of basic financial concepts|
|· Ability to manage multiple priorities|
|· Ability to work effectively both in an individual and team environment|
|· Willingness to learn new systems and adapt existing skills|
|· High intellectual curiosity|
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement