Are you interested in a career in HR? Well here at PepsiCo we’re on the lookout for a Learning Coordinator to join our HR Operations & Shared Services team, on a fixed term contract.
PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade – also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries.
In this role you will be working with a virtual team as one of the first points of contact in our Talent Management processes across Europe & Sub Saharan Africa, ensuring excellent service delivery and end to end process management for 50,000 employees. It’s a very busy job! It’s a non-stop, fast-paced role where there’s always plenty to do.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as a Superuser and gatekeeper for our Learning & Development Systems SuccessFactors/ SAP.
- Operational reporting, integrating information from various systems to support our end to end process excellence.
- Gather and Analyze data using advanced reporting (e.g. dynamic dashboards) to help inform strategic decisions.
- Be part of a team servicing Talent Management processes inclusive of Culture & Engagement, Talent & Assessment, Career Management and Learning & Development services.
- Acting as first point of contact, providing query resolution, analytical support & advice to support process deliverables.
- Partnering with the wider HR Operations team to understand employee data flow, from point of entry through to talent management process completion.
- Deliver high quality, timely and efficient process execution, working to team performance framework (SLA’s & KPI’s).
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of working in a learning admin or Shared services role
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to navigate a virtual environment.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to work with large/ complex data sets – experience with tableau would be desirable.
- Fluent in English, additional European languages desirable.
- Customer focused, and results orientated with attention to detail and solution focused mentality
- Strong sense of ownership, systematic troubleshooting and ability to follow through tasks to completion.
- The ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities with the flexibility to meet the demands of the team when needed
- Experience of Talent Management systems (SuccessFactors/ SAP) desirable
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular