An opportunity has arisen within PepsiCo's European and Sub-Saharan Africa (ESSA) Nutrition Sciences team for a fixed-term 12-month contract to cover a maternity leave, ideally to start at the beginning of December 2019.
The role supports both the Grains and Fruit & Veg categories and involves working closely with colleagues in Product Development guiding product innovation and renovation. The post holder will be responsible for providing nutrition counsel to Marketing to support consumer communications and in collaboration with Regulatory colleagues advise on nutrition and health claims. Additional important aspects of the role are firstly undertaking competitor analyses and ongoing assessment of the portfolio against numerous internal and external criteria and in the provision of internal nutrition training to cross functional colleagues. The post holder will support the ESSA Nutrition Manager for these categories and the Senior Director as required.
If you share our passion for nutrition centric, evidence-based innovation and communication, then this could be a great opportunity for a cross functional move, or move within a different region to gain critical experience.
- BSc Degree in Nutrition or related subject is essential
- Postgraduate qualification preferred
- Previous experience is essential, either in a related role or engaged in research
- A good practical knowledge of nutrition, food value and health
- An ability to translate science into communications for non-scientific colleagues
- Good numeracy skills and ability to interpret complex and conflicting data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good prioritisation and attention to detail.
- Confident presentation skills
- Work well as part of a team but also capable of assuming ownership and working independently
- A self-starter who strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvements of processes or methods and who demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- The ability to read, understand and evaluate research data and identify business relevance.
Job Type: Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.