PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 different product lines that each generates more than $1 billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses -- Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola – also make hundreds of other enjoyable foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world. With net revenues of approximately $65 billion, PepsiCo's employees are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth; we believe that investing in a healthier future for our planet and its people also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to deliver sustained value by providing a wide range of foods and beverages, from treats to healthy eats; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and lower our costs through energy and water conservation as well as reduce our use of packaging material; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities in which we operate.
The PepsiCo Supply Chain Operations group provides a demanding, fast-paced environment in a competitive industry, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. We are proud to say that PepsiCo has one of the most advanced and sophisticated supply chain environments in all of North America. The areas of focus for this position are designed to build future leaders within our organization and groom candidates for executive leadership roles.
The SC In-Market Operations Asset Strategy Manager will provide National real estate and food safety leadership in support of field DC/Bin/PEC operations. This key leader will manage the overall execution of the centralized lease transaction agenda, ensure food safety compliance, and lead the Bin/PEC upgrade strategy for the Frito-Lay In-Market Operations facility portfolio.
- Lead the execution of the Food Safety playbook
- Lead Food Safety capital initiatives
- Leverage functional expertise to improve Food Safety training materials for Sales, Traffic, & In-Market Operations
- Oversee the AIB audit process to drive improved results
- Provide leadership for the pest control escalation process to ensure timely resolution with key stakeholders
- Oversee the FSMA regulatory inspection process to ensure 100% compliance
- Support all food defense initiatives to minimize security risks
- Assist and support all SOLID Training classes to improve Food Safety leadership capability
- Lead the development & prioritization of the RAP strategy
- Manage the lease renewal execution process a minimum of 6 months out from expiration for all leased facilities.
- Ensure completion of market analysis for all lease renewals
- Support negotiation efforts by partnering with the region Facility Managers to drive consistency and realize cost savings when applicable
- Ensure timely submission of all documentation for lease renewals to ensure FLNA pays market rate (or less) for all leased facilities
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of leases requiring approval in OCC & CCAC venues
- Partner with Real Estate team to ensure timely execution of new lease agreements
- Support period checkpoint calls with the Facility Managers to prioritize lease negotiations
- Lead the development, prioritization, approval, & execution of the region Bin/PEC facility upgrade strategy (Top 5).
- Support the field with onsite project management assistance as needed
- Ensure each location in the Real Estate database has a facility profile that is updated and maintained by each region
- Further develop the Bin Optimization Search Tool to provide accurate analysis, rankings, and scorecarding of all Bins/PECs
- Leverage analytical competencies to identify opportunities and provide recommendations for process and program improvements
- Clearly and concisely communicate project status and updates across the organization
- Other duties as required
Scope of Interactions:
- 85% Internal – key stakeholders, across levels and across functions
- 15% External – programs and processes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior In-Market Operations or Supply Chain experience
- Understanding of food safety laws and regulations
- Lean six sigma training or knowledge a plus
Key Skills / Experiences:
- Knowledge and familiarity with project management and demonstrated capability to manage multiple projects and phases to a high quality output
- Proven experience in leading multiple complex Supply Chain operations projects with a record of delivering results
- Demonstrated capability in Supply Chain functions, technical understanding of DC/Bin/PEC operations and logistics
- Advanced communication skills to positively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Creative Problem Solving: Ability and passion for creative, out of the box thinking to develop and vet solutions for the business, as well as a willingness to question the status quo and generally accepted beliefs
- Influencing Skills: Possess the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbal and written; ability to influence others and communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
- Structured & Logical Thinking: Ability to define business problems and frameworks, and discern what is important
- Motivation: Self-motivated, high energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment
- Cultural Sensitivity: Understand cultural and social differences in key regions and markets
- Tenacity: Persistent and resilient in the pursuit of objectives, can shift gears easily, is willing to take on new challenges and works to resolve issues
- Technical Skills: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, & Teams. Familiarity with LoopNet, CoStar, & IBM Forms is a plus
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement