What does the role involve?
PepsiCo is looking for independent, enthusiastic and ambitious interns for the Sales Team, for a period of 6 months from January/February 2020 onwards; consisting of Sales managers, Account Managers, Account Supports and Commercial Finance. Within this department we have four possible positions focusing on different buying groups:
Sales SuperUnie: participate in daily work needed for the 13 retailers (e.g. Plus, Hoogvliet, Dirk van den Broek) that are part of the SuperUnie Buying group.
Sales Albert Heijn: participate in daily work needed to manage AH and focus on the long-term partnership with Albert Heijn.
Sales NFR&HD/Jumbo: participate in daily work focusing on Non-Food Retail (e.g. Kruidvat, Action & Big Bazar), Hard Discounters (e.g. Aldi) and Jumbo.
Sales Away From Home: participate in daily work focusing on channels (e.g. Centerparks, Johan Cruijf Arena, Shell) and wholesalers (e.g. Sligro, Bidfood)
Broadly, your job will involve:
• supporting the sales teams in all daily & ad hoc (multi-disciplinary) projects (with category management, shopper marketing, etc.);
• contributing in preparations needed for different internal & external meetings;
• supporting the roll-out of account plans;
• searching for new trends, opportunities and innovations within the different retailers and spot our own brands;
• contributing to a Go-To-Market strategy;
• maintaining an overview of our entire calendar within a dynamic team, and you will always be informed about where/when we should invest.
What do we offer you?
At PepsiCo, we are not only proud of our market leading brands, but also attach great value to growth opportunities and personal development. Next to working with inspirational and creative colleagues, we offer sufficient training opportunities to give our professionals the opportunity to achieve great results. At PepsiCo we foster an informal working atmosphere and value everyone’s input and ideas. No day is ever the same and you will constantly be challenged to bring out your best! PepsiCo was rewarded this year once again with the Top Employer Nederland and Top Employer Europe certification.
In addition to your rewarding job function, we offer excellent working conditions that go hand in hand. For example, you get remunerated for your role as an intern, get to take home goodies from the company every Friday and are given multiple chances to connect with the other interns (25-30), to name a few!
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
Qualifications / Requirements:
Who are we looking for?
You are someone who:
• is an HBO/WO Bachelor’s or Master’s student or graduated (max. 3 months) with a commercial direction;
• likes to have room for space for own initiatives;
• does not flinch from convincing colleagues of other departments with our sales plans;
• is analytical and likes to follow the performance of products;
• has computer skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint);
• is fluent in Dutch (in both speaking and writing) and has a good command over the English language too.
• you have genuine interest in how the company operates in this area and are keen on keeping track of the latest developments in the world of digitalization.
Upload your CV and cover letter! If your profile fits to the role and to PepsiCo, we will invite you for a video interview. For questions regarding this internship vacancy, please contact Jelle van Balen (firstname.lastname@example.org).