Director of Shopper Marketing – Central Division (LG01)
Do you want to lead some of U.S’s largest and most recognized iconic brands, in some of the fastest growing shopper and beverage markets in the US? This exciting role, Director of Shopper Marketing - Central is responsible for leading the regional shopper marketing agenda across PBNA Central Division for iconic brands like Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Lipton Tea – with a focus on regional customers to drive holistic consumer to commercial impact through key strategic customers and channels of retail & food service to grow share and topline.
Reporting to the VP Marketing PBNA – Central, the successful candidate is a strategic, creative and results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative marketing environment. You will lead the shopper driven marketing strategy & execution that go into our AOP to drive regional volume, share, topline growth and importantly brand equity within regional retail & foodservice customers. This experience will develop and showcase the ability to evaluate business opportunities, develop deep shopper understanding, and bring them to market to positively impact inventory position, business sales, profitability, all aligned and supporting brand & customer strategy. This role will hone skills in building strong team dynamics, dealing with ambiguity, influencing up the organization, and driving for results. This role will partner with the rest of Central Marketing, Cross Functional Teams, and Sector brand teams to be Nationally Great, Locally Even Better through a strong vision for the team to deliver results, while building talent.
- Lead regional Shopper Marketing agenda for Retail & Foodservice: uncover local shopper insights to set objectives, create strategy, develop and execute the plan (AOP)
- Partner with DX and Consumer Insights to develop holistic learning agenda for key customers and shopper centric selling stories that leverage data & insight effectively & efficiently
- Retailer, shopper & digital programming for Division customers (pre/post shop, and leveraging MVS and advanced targeting tools)
- Lead development of Point of Sale/Inspiration & Asset Development and localization
- Partner on JBP Division Accounts to lead the localized shopper marketing plan and execution
- Build and inspire strong agency relationships, evolving specifically our shopper digital media partners to grow topline and impact
- Wire with Central marketing and the Sector Teams to leverage Nationally Great Strategies, and Collaborate on Locally Even Better
- Collaborate strategically with cross functional teams incl. Commercial, Retail Sales, Food Service Sales, Operations on development/implementation of key scale programs and delivery on established executional guidelines
- Manage shopper marketing A&M
- Build talent by coaching, motivating shopper marketing team as we manage through transformation & change
- Play an active role on the Central MLT (Marketing Leadership Team) and support department engagement
- Undergraduate/Graduate Degree (Business/Marketing degree preferred)
- 10+ years Marketing experience in the CPG industry
- Demonstrated ability to win through superior consumer/shopper marketing
- Proven results in managing multi-brand portfolios
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence at all levels
- Shopper marketing experience preferred, with strong background in consumer marketing
- Digital marketing and targeting experience preferred
- Proven ability to lead agency relationships to achieve gold standard results
- Business savvy and an opportunity seeker
- 5+ years demonstrated people leadership and proven track record of coaching & developing
KEY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Sophisticated Strategist - Develops and collaboratively links key strategies and priorities to ensure alignment across the organization
- People Leadership - Fosters inclusiveness and keeps team focused on solutions and success rather than issues and disruptive events.
- Smart Innovator - Develops and advocates for creative ideas, concepts and approaches that shape the strategic agenda
- Transformational/Inspirational Leadership - Inspires commitment from others, even outside of his/her direct team, towards a shared vision and goal
- Embraces Challenges and Risks- Seizes and solves ambiguous and complex challenges while delivering the business strategy, builds a work environment where people feel comfortable taking calculated risks and learning from successes and/or failures
- Delivers the Right Results - Focuses others on the right strategic priorities, pushes back on those with less impact, and manages resources effectively in the face of competing priorities
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement