Bring your passion and talent to our stage and share our PepsiCo vision to be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business
PepsiCo IT exists to shape, create and deliver technology capabilities to accelerate PepsiCo’s growth. Our vision is to power PepsiCo with the best talent and technology in the world. To achieve this vision, our team spans a wide range of IT capabilities. We partner with every PepsiCo business function – consumer insights, marketing & innovation, sales & eCommerce, supply chain & operations, and all back-office functions – to increase business value through new technology and digital solutions.
India will be a global IT Technology Hub for PepsiCo. The global IT Technology Hub in India will play a significant role in the delivery of IT services across all five of our global capability teams:
- Chief Technology Office (CTO)
- Global IT Operations
- Global Information Security
- Global Development & Delivery
- Strategy, Planning & Transformation
The CTO team brings the entrepreneurial spirit and speed of a startup company to innovate and solve real business challenges that are diverse, complex, and unique due to the global nature of PepsiCo’s business. These high-value innovations are delivered through internal teams as well as a partner eco-system of start-ups, academic institutions as well as large technology firms. CTO team members work with incubators and curated startup companies on a regular basis.
The CTO team delivers solutions leveraging leading-edge technologies in the areas of a) Big Data & advanced analytics using Teradata, HANA Enterprise, Hadoop, and Microsoft Azure Analytics, b) Artificial Intelligence (AI) using Machine Learning, Deep Learning, computer vision technologies for video, image, text, and voice analytics using programming languages such as R, python, Tensorflow, and GPU hardware for compute intensive applications, c) Internet of Things platforms (Cloud and Edge computing), d) Intelligent automation using RPA (UIPath), e) Augmented Reality using Apple ARkit and Android ARCore, f) Wearable devices & applications for hands free factory and warehouse operations, g) Blockchain for food safety and supply chain visibility, h) modern mobile application platforms, and i) modern infrastructure using hybrid multi-cloud environments and state-of-the-art collaboration and communication platforms. The CTO team also leverages agile development tools and processes (DevOps, Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery pipelines, etc.).
If solving sticky business problems using technology is your passion, PepsiCo CTO team provides unique opportunities to individuals like you. We invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come and join our team.
We are seeking for a meeting solutions engineering Lead responsible for performing analysis, developing architectures, and helping deploy the capabilities to make the strategies a reality.
The Meeting Solutions and Engineering Lead will be a member of the Global Unified Communication, Collaboration (UCC) and EUC organization. The role applies advanced IT architecture concepts to function as the highest-level technical expert in addition to designing, implementing, and supporting solutions that integrate voice, video, and data systems within PepsiCo. This role will interface with multiple cross-IT teams such as sector delivery leads, infrastructure engineers and SMEs, and IT engineers and architects, security, network, End User computing, communication and collaboration to deliver cutting-edge meeting solution platforms for end-users.
- Support transformational initiatives to assist with modernization of the UC infrastructure to meet the demands of a modern workforce
- Member of the Unified Communications team educating and leading the team in learning new technologies via cross training and mentoring
- Works closely with Design and Construction and other contractors to ensure optimal UC – Meeting Solutions Design and room layout
- Thought leadership in establishing, driving, and directing a robust and innovative Unified Communications strategy aligned with the company's business and productivity goals
- Performs assessments (Proof of Technology) on UC integration options between Polycom, O365 Teams, MS Teams and other technologies
- Design and plan integration between UC Technologies (IM, Federation, Presence and Application Sharing) and Skype/Polycom/Cisco/MS Teams (Web conferencing, Video Conferencing and Audio Conferencing) and conference room scheduling systems and integration with Exchange/Exchange Online
- Work closely with Microsoft, Polycom, IT Operations and other partners in support of business needs/objectives
- Recommend and implement room-based UC configurations
- Lead the creation, implementation/deployment and operational support of all underlying products and services for Meeting Solutions and Room Scheduling portfolio
- Drive the development, delivery, and refinement of the Information Technology (IT) architectures
- Perform development, refinement, publishing, and socialization of patterns, policies and guidelines, and technology standards
- Lead the architecture direction and design issues as well as influence peers, cross-functional partners, and IT leadership
- Key Competencies Required:
- Develop an advanced understanding of the various types of architectures and how they’re interconnected
- Ensure the features, benefits, and architectural impact of technology are understood and valued
- Assist in developing the business cases for architectural solutions
- Must have strong network background
- Position the appropriate IT services for customers to consider when deploying a technology solution
- Knowledge and relationships in Unified Communications industry
- Lead technical discussions, driving clarity of complex issues/requirements to build robust solutions
- Develop advanced understanding of technological capabilities
- Effectively highlight IT technological advantages and disadvantages from the customer’s perspective
- Identify technical win strategies from a business and technology perspective
- Experience with End User Computing, Unified Communications, network, cloud, and collaboration architectures.
- Experience with infrastructure, tools, process, methods, and fundamentals used to protect enterprise and large headquarters sites
- Expert in architecting and engineering UC solutions
- Ability to integrate room-based video conferencing using Cisco, MS Teams, Polycom and Crestron with personal video conferencing
- Must have hands on experience configuring and maintaining VTC equipment including Cisco and Polycom DMA, RMX, RSS, and all models of Polycom VTC codecs
- Understand firewall technology and be able to follow the firewall request procedure to open ports required for VTC to operate
- Must have strong network background
- Ability to implement telephony integration (PBX, SIP trunking, etc.)
- Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Provide Tier 3/4 support on troubleshooting of complex issues
- Ability to implement technologies on a global scale
- A minimum of 5-7-years as an Architect or Senior Engineer, with minimum of 7 years in UC architecture and engineering and/or Operations domains
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Understanding of IT project budget management, planning and forecasting
- Solid technical aptitude, leadership and customer facing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Job Type: Regular