We are now on the lookout for an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to join our global operations team on a permanent basis, based out of our HQ offices in Little Island Cork.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi.
We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
Reporting to the EHS Director for PGCS you will be responsible for managing and providing health & safety related support to the PGCS Manufacturing Teams and associated Distribution Centres, through the co-ordinated delivery of our EHS strategy and AOP process. The role will also have the responsibility for ensuring ongoing compliance with GHS & SDS regulatory requirements through interaction with the regulatory affairs team.
You will have responsibility to manage the PGCS HSE agenda. The role requires setting the HSE agenda for the manufacturing plants/associated DC’s and developing/maintaining systems and cultures to ensure compliance with internal and external HSE standards.
- Responsible for setting the Global Environmental, Health & Safety agenda across PGCS in support of the Global EHS Policy.
- Maintain current EH&S standards and lead implementation of the PepsiCo Global EHS Standards across the Sector.
- Develop and foster an EHS culture which will work in synergy within the framework of the PepsiCo business culture, with an aim to promote this EHS culture model across the PGCS community.
- As the PGCS Sector H&S Manager the job holder is the SME on all safety related matters, coaching on relevant legislation and internal Global Environmental Health and Safety systems.
- Lead the EH&S agenda with the Plant management teams to drive the safety culture and to meet the respective site targets of risk management and accident reduction.
- Lead & manage the EHS function to identify EH&S improvement opportunities and develop action plans for implementation with clear accountabilities.
- Responsible for the management & reporting of functional KPIs and EH&S incidents to PGCS leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Manage global programmes and facilitate best practice and sharing across the PepsiCo Global community.
- Play an integral part within the PGCS EH&S Team in developing PGCS EH&S Strategy
- Sector expert for risk assessments: maintaining and reviewing existing assessments and conducting assessments as required including new technology or procedures.
- Lead the EHS management of the corrective action program (CAPA) process, providing guidance to all associates to ensure all activities are closed in a timely manner.
- Continually develop effective communication media and supply information that is relevant for the following: notice boards, EHS functional team, PGCS leadership meetings, internal & external performance reports, Hazard Action Bulletins.
- Provide support and coaching to managers / duty holders in the resolution of H&S issues.
- Own the process of auditing, accident investigations and risk assessments and feedback to site management teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage the effective delivery of training to associates on safety systems and requirements including safe working practices.
- Control of all safety documentation in compliance with document control procedures.
- Review and manage the global safety induction programme for all associates.
- Ensure all H&S management systems are fully maintained, risks and trends identified and all appropriate action taken. This needs to deliver legal compliance, as a minimum, with internal standards designed to deliver more than this.
- Own and manage the process of maintaining compliance to Global Harmonized System GHS & Safety Data SDS regulatory requirements
- Approx 15% travel globally may be required in this role.
- Professional qualification in Health & Safety e.g. Diploma or higher
- Significant previous experience in an operational safety senior supervisory/manager role in a relevant industry (eg food & consumer goods, chemical, pharmaceutical).
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to including leading global cross functional teams.
- Familiar with safety management systems (OSHAS,ISO 45000)
- Prior auditing experience (OSHAS/ISO)
- Experience in the used of safety management software systems e.g Enablon My EHS or similar)
- Experience in working with Global and diverse teams.
- Prior experience in safety fundamentals e.g. risk assessment and risk reduction techniques, Chemical exposure and risk reduction
- Working knowledge of Global GHS labelling and SDS information requirements
- Graduate Member of Institute Occupational Safety & Health working towards Chartered status is highly desirable.
- Ability to travel globally for approx. 15% of time.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular