Purpose of the role:
As a Senior Transformation Analyst you will be in charge of supporting the Transformation Office Team (ETO) in delivering its restructuring projects across ESSA region (today 160+ projects that provide savings of ~$0.5Bn and OTC of ~$0.7Bn across all three projects). You will provide clarity on the plans and tracking of actuals, as well as support BUs in terms of systems, processes, tools and guidance by working within PEPSICO’s systems such as Powersteering and HFM (actuals). You will be responsible for providing support to specific transformational projects that demands coordination at Sector level, engaging with different and cross-functional levels in the organization (e.g. Total Portfolio Optimization, Coolers, Nutrition Strategy).
Your scope will also include working on control & governance improvements for the overall restructuring programs by engaging with the Global Transformation team. This role let you have a huge exposure on business and on direct collaboration with key stakeholders in the sector.
1) Tracking of key transformational projects under Restructuring Programs:
- Support the clear view of status of ESSA’s 160+ projects - from plans to actual projects in execution (data analysis);
- Provide the ETO restructuring stakeholders with a clear perspective on actuals reconciliation and explanation of deviations at the project level for major drivers of differences – in order to allow decisions impacting ESSA restructuring programs;
- Support the team in developing the set-up of the ESSA Restructuring Program in systems, tools that will be used and leveraged throughout the year;
- Prepare the monthly closing process – linking actual results reported in Powersteering system with Control, and ensure proper accountability, reconciliation and tracking of 160+ projects (across ESSA markets and Global Projects i.e. IT/R&D);
- Stewardship of the execution: liaise with BU contacts, project owners and control teams in terms of guidance, system explanation, system management, follow ups on corrections, ad hoc requests;
- Harmonize ways of working within functions such as: Control/FP&A/Transformation/Supply Chain/HR - share best practices;
- Improve Global Led Projects tracking and reporting (IT & R&D);
- Review and establish Non-Core Restructuring Program Governance with Global: Roles& Responsivities, Regular CoC review, New project approval, Timings & Calendar;
- Ensure a clear version control and latest project movements to be able to communicate clearly with ESSA and NY stakeholders;
- Align with NY on systems guidance, requests, input.
2) Supporting deployment of TPO (Total Portfolio Optimization) for Snacks, Beverages & Dairy focused on SKU optimization & harmonization of raw materials
- Support SKU Optimisation by introducing single approach across ESSA and tracking execution with BUs on a monthly basis;
- Develop and support Calendar of Execution: plan by month vs execution by month;
- Analyse monthly execution and identify root causes of strong/poor performance, develop improvement recommendations;
- Publish execution status to BU Commercialisation in MS Teams and to key stakeholders during monthly calls;
- Coordinate action plan to deliver identified improvements.
3) Designing and executing the harmonization project of Coolers Efficiency & Effectiveness approach
- Design ESSA Coolers Playbook to define baseline spend, conduct benchmarking and identify opportunities – aiming at harmonizing the standards across different categories
- Work with local Sales/ MEM leads (technicians) to gather and review existing “decision-tree“ process, identify challenges and opportunities across key BUs and determine best practices;
- Harmonise guidelines and KPIs at Sector level.
4) Enhancing the Control Environment and further strengthening the Governance framework around the transformation agenda.
- Support establishing the framework for executing end-to-end risk assessments - to proactively address changes in people and business environment and set the appropriate action plans ahead of implementation;
- Enhance governance and control of the projects under Restructuring Programs.
- Clear project status monthly reconciled to Control’s Q23 schedule (actuals) – identify key drivers of deviations and its root causes.
- Clear communication of forecasts via presentations of status and opportunities of the projects – to the ETO Restructuring owners - to be able to advance and achieve further value via other projects in the pipeline.
- Proactive approach to improve the process with BUs/Control/HQ.
- Continuous improvement of the restructuring databases/shared drive.
- Strong analytical skills – to be able to convert data and company reports into an clear message of the restructuring programs
- Finance background would be a strong asset
- Previous exposure on project management area
- Leadership skills to manage very diverse groups of individuals and keep them updated and coordinated during the process
- Excellent communication skills – to ensure messages are concise and clear on what next steps are during closing, forecast and communication of Restructuring Status
- Good knowledge of the different businesses/categories
- Proficiency in English language (C1+)
- Ability to work with multiple areas of the organization
- Balance competing stakeholder requirements
- Good problem solving skills, analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks
Job Type: Regular