PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by advancements in retail and digital technology. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated team of data scientists, software engineers, and technology professionals tasked with optimizing operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the Data Science & Analytics group more closely resembles a start-up; embracing the core values of having bias for action, being results oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is reinforcing PepsiCo’s position as a technology leader in the Food & Beverage space.
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics does:
- Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
- Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
- You will work with PepsiCo’s strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
- Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
- You will develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
- Design, develop, and iteratively improve a data pipeline platform to schedule and execute automated ETL, ML, and other data pipeline tasks
- Develop and implement CI/CD processes to rapidly deploy changes to the data pipelining platform
- Work with the larger data science and analytics team empowering them to write, maintain, and deploy their own pipelines to the data pipelining platform while maintaining adherence to best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, an engineering discipline, or similar experience
- 3 years of data engineering experience using Python, SQL, Git/Github in a production setting
- Experience/familiarity with most of the following; Airflow, Ansible, Docker, Bash
- Experience/familiarity with AWS cloud services, including most of the following; s3, EC2, RDS, Redshift
- Not necessary but nice to have: Previous experience with CI/CD technologies (Travis, circleCI) and/or distributed data processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and concisely communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Embodies entrepreneurial mindset and key values of having a bias for action, results-oriented, community-focused, and prioritization of people
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement