The Marketing Director reports to the Sr. Director of Brand Communications for the Pepsi Cola Trademark. Responsibilities include leading the product and program communication initiatives for one of the most iconic beverage brands in CPG. This includes working with brand leadership across all vertical functions to align on annual program/ product priorities, providing strategic counsel and tactical oversight, managing the brand budget, retaining agencies, and managing day-to-day marketing activities. This role has three direct reports across a team of five.
This role is a critical driver of delivering the Brand’s AOP commitment to the organization. It will require the individual to work up and across the matrix with low oversight, rely on a deep understanding of the commercial go-to-market process and either possess or willingness to develop deep relationships across the commercial organization. In addition, agency management skills will be needed to help navigate the creative work product development from initial brief, to concept – resulting in final Sr. Leadership alignment and production.
- Lead development and execution of Product/ Program marketing plans to support the Pepsi trademark
- Establish and manage annual Marketing budget in conjunction with brand team
- Identify, retain and manage agency partners to deliver cost-effective programs
- Cultivate strong relationships with key agency/ media partners
- Manage and develop direct reports
- 10-12 years marketing brand experience, including agency management, commercial/ shopper marketing and leveraging insights.
- Experience managing brand marketing/ communications in fast-moving consumer goods category preferred
- Experience with sports, music and lifestyle media preferred
- Ability to take others along and drive alignment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- People management experience
- Executive presence and ability to work in advisory role with senior executives
- BA/BS Required,; MBA not required, but preferred.
- Travel ~15% of time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement