We are currently looking for an Project Engineer to join our team in LittleIsland on permanent bases.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Project Engineer will play a key role in delivering the PepsiCo PGCS Strategic Capital Projects Agenda. They will support the development of business cases and Capex documents for funding approval. They will contribute to building the capability of the Global Engineering Team by providing subject matter expertise. They will contribute towards driving efficiency and best practice in all aspects of the business. They will ensure compliance to both internal and external regulations in all their engineering activities.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Lead the execution of Capital Projects (including business case development, scope, contract strategy, resource requirements, communications plan, change management, safety, quality and risk management) – with a key focus on the business and strategic insights for the development of Capex documents.
- Responsible for delivering the engineering and procurement standards, including technical and commercial aspects, building supplier relationships and performance management of key capital projects
- Responsible for monitoring the budget and the schedule of the global strategic capital program
- Support strategic supplier relationships to ensure effective management of the PGCS global and local capital requirements
- Play a key role in change management and change control for the global strategic capital program
- Leverage best practices from PepsiCo divisions as well as from other industries to deliver world class performance in plant and equipment design, project implementation and construction management
- Participate in Global Engineering Team meetings, share and leverage best practices from other PGCS sites
- Communicate with PGCS senior management for Capex Approval & Project Updates
- Implement sustainable engineering practices and programs ensuring sustainability in plant design and operation
- Interface and communication with the plant to ensure seamless handover of projects to plant operations
- Provide subject matter expertise where required
ESSENTIAL Criteria i.e. qualifications and/or experience (this will be assessed during short-listing)
- Several years of process industry experience in engineering with additional operations or maintenance exposure and extensive capital project management experience
- Degree qualification in Chemical, Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering
- Experience required in the following areas:
- Process plant technical standards
- Project concept development
- Business case and capital approval
- Design, Procurement and Installation
- Construction, Commissioning and Validation
- Environmental, health and safety management
- Contractor and Construction Management
- Change management
- Project risk management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to work at all levels in an international organization
- Good understanding of manufacturing capacity analysis and capacity modelling
- Highly developed influencing skills required to manage various stakeholders
- Experience working in multicultural, diverse, global organisation
- Experience in a similar business area
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
Job Type: Regular