Based out of our Egypt office for Asia, Middle East and North Africa, this role serves as the PepsiCo AMENA lead on EHS sector lead ensuring all sites are operating to legal, in addition to PepsiCo standards, for all aspects inclusive of wastewater discharge, ammonia, air emissions, chemicals, spills management, waste management and portable water. This role drives implementation of EHS Environmental and EHS standards to ensure external certifications (14001 / 18001) are maintained.
This role also ensures compliance Scope of role covers all company owned plants (22+); sales/fleet/transport (4000+ vehicles), R&D, Agro facilities, offices and DC’s.
- Lead the development of Sector wide EHS auditing processes, both internal and external, to ensure compliance to regulations & PepsiCo Standards.
- Drive implementation of EHS Management Systems to ensure external certifications (14001 / 18001) are maintained.
- Act as the Sector subject matter expert on EHS management systems, processes and auditing
- Develop critical competencies and training plans for standard owners, and auditors in the field to ensure compliance standards are delivered
- Collaborate with Global and other Sector EH&S resources to operationalize EHS programs, external multi-site audit schedules and GEHSMS program updates
- Drive digitisation adoption with the use of mobility app, in addition to MYEHS modules as relevant.
- Drive continuous improvement and best in class delivery of GEHSMS standards through promotion of simplification and standardisation of standards deployment across the sector, ensuring replication of best practices and guiding prioritised improvement roadmap through gap analysis
- Track and measure GEHSMS program status through dashboard reports on action completions and self-assessment scores and fulfilment of standards requirements.
Key Skills/Experience Required
- 5+ years’ experience in FMCG, EHS Compliance roles, BU or sector roles
- 3+ years ISO/OSHA GEHSMS auditing experience
- Project management skills drive for results
- Customer service mentality
- Change management experience coupled with good analytical abilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally, cross-geographically and across multiple cultures
- Strong internal and external communicator, written and verbal
- ‘lean’ Mindset with skills to drive streamline
- Ability to set and prioritise short, mid and long-term objectives.
- NEBOSH IGC certified as a minimum and NEBOSH diploma is preferable
- EHS graduate, or Bachelor of Engineering/ Science subject.
Differentiating Competencies Required
- Drive for results – Goal orientated, work with agility and strong drive for results
- Critical thinking skills – Ability to analyze data or processes to decipher and recommend the way forward, and provide value add insights
- Collaboration skills - Able to work collaboratively and align field, sector and global teams towards the end game. A
- Lean mindset – drive streamline and elimination of non-value add activities
- Setting the agenda / Decision quality – Can devise the action plans required to deliver the medium- and long-term goals, dealing with ambiguity by applying critical thinking and a structured approach
- Communications – Strong written as well as verbal/listening skills, clarity in messaging
- Ethics and Integrity – Ability to work under pressure and play a gatekeeper role
Apply now and our recruitment team will be in contact!
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular