Pepsi Beverages Company (PBC) is PepsiCo's beverage manufacturing, sales and distribution operating unit in the United States, Canada and Mexico. PBC makes, sells and delivers approximately 75 percent of PepsiCo's North American beverage volume. Its diverse portfolio includes some of the world's most widely recognized beverage brands, including Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, Aquafina, Gatorade, SoBe, Lipton, and Amp Energy. In many markets, PBC also manufactures and/or distributes allied brands, including Dr Pepper, Crush, ROCKSTAR, and Muscle Milk.
At PBC, employees have an Unquenchable Spirit to delight consumers with the brands they love, to improve the communities in which they live and work, and to build exciting careers. If you're looking for a company that puts a premium on leadership, teamwork and responsibility, you belong at PBC.
The LD&T Coordinator will:
- To serve as the Order Processor, Transportation Scheduler supporting the Mountain Top Service Center, Crestwood and CDS facilities as needed, in order to assure maximum standards of efficiency, customer service and quality at the least cost.
- This individual will act as a liaison between the DC, Planners, Carriers and the Customer Service Teams to assist with Fill Rate, Transportation and Customer Concerns.
- Resolve customer service issues regarding on time delivery, Fill Rate and any special requirements.
- Manage the communication and execution of pre-cut and post-cut notification to the customer service teams.
- Support customer order tracking and promotional activity.
- Provide end of period tracking, reporting, and management support by working closely with the local scheduler and CAS.
- Will be cross trained to support other service center functions
- All other duties as assigned
- Three to five years of experience in logistics, customer service, or related supply chain functions
- Demonstrate understanding of supply chain systems
- Computer literacy in Outlook, word processing, spread sheets, graphics, along with the aptitude to extract information from all internal systems
- Must work and participate effectively in a team environment with diverse personalities
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships within a 3rd party DC.
- Timely and effective verbal and written communications.
- Highly self-motivated and self-managed, with excellent prioritization and organizational skill.
- Must possess strong analytical skills including problem resolution / analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively, internally and externally, to all levels of management.
- Must be able to support the business on off shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement